1.    #1  
    I continue to get the message, USB device Not Recognized..blah blah. It started after I began using the HotSync cord that also charges the Treo650. I wanted to see if anyone else was getting this message or if you have suggestions on how to get rid of the message. thanks for your help
    Not recognized by the computer? What operating system are you running?

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
  3.    #3  
    Windows XP, its works fine when connected. It syncs and charges, however when it is not connected I continue to get this pop up error on the taskbar. USB device is not recognized and the windows troubleshooting for sure does squat. Thanks mediasi
    Quote Originally Posted by drgross
    Windows XP, its works fine when connected. It syncs and charges, however when it is not connected I continue to get this pop up error on the taskbar. USB device is not recognized and the windows troubleshooting for sure does squat. Thanks mediasi
    I get this same problem... I would love to know a fix for it...

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Could it be as simple as removing the usb cable from the machine?
    Sounds like the pc is looking for the device and can't find it.
    Is the "safely remove hardware" icon still in the sys tray?

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

I continue to get the message, USB device Not Recognized..blah blah. It started after I began using the HotSync cord that also charges the Treo650. I wanted to see if anyone else was getting this message or if you have suggestions on how to get rid of the message. thanks for your help
    It is likely that you have a cable or connector problem. When you get the message, try reseating the connection between the cable and the Treo. Try a different cable.

(The connector on the Treo 650 sucks. It is not bad enough that this cable is different from those on the 270/300 or 600, it does not work as well as either.)
    Perhaps you have a Power Saving setting on in Device Manager?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8.    #8  
    I have turned the power settings to not shut off when the computer goes in standby. I read that sometimes people got this message because the computer would standby and the usb would not power back up. This is not the issue.

The cable is not plugged into the laptop. It is like it wants it be plugged in or something, but it is not.

The safely remove hardware icon is there, but does not contain any usb devices. it only has the CD -Rom drive which can be switched for a floppy drive.

Thanks for your help people
  9.    #9  
    More Specific Message

USB Device Not Recognized. One of the devices has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it.

Message pops up almost every ten seconds
    I've gotten this message for a few different reasons.

I have a USB card that was damaged by shock that reports it for every device I attach. I also occasionally get it with my XP machine and my current USB card.

Here are the things I try:
    • Rebooting
    • Pugging in another USB device (like a flash drive)
    • Uninstalling the USB Root Hub in Device manager and letting it re-detect

Ususally with some combination of these I get it to work again.

I really wish I knew exactly what was causing it, or exactly how to fix it. If you try this list, hopefully something will work.
    your contacts on your cable are bent
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    Had the same issue and it is a connector/cable problem. One of the two is defective and not making good contact.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    I have experienced the same problem on my office computer. It was a communications issue but not my cable. The cable worked fine at home when I brought it home for testing.

It turned out to be related to the USB port itself (maybe dust?). When I plugged into one of the USB ports in the back of my office computer everything was back to normal.
    i had this problem for a while too, i would just push down the treo on the cradle then push to make sure the connector as plugged into the cradle all the way cancel hotsync, then hit the hotsync button again and it would work. based on this i thought it was a connector issue. now since i have been using the cable that came with the cradle instead of the one that came with the treo all has been fine.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)