1.    #1  
    I haven't had any luck searching for this - I've been looking for the best way to optimize the pictures I store on my SD card for viewing on the Treo. I use Splashphoto for viewing, and would like to store the picture in as small a size as possible. I have a 1gb card and am approaching 100mbs of just pictures, would like to minimize that by converting all the pictures to the optimal size. Right now I have pictures ranging in size from 40k to 400k, I would like to convert what I've got, and import future pictures at the right size.

Does anyone have recommendations for the best way to do this with Splashphoto, what the smallest size a picture should be for viewing on the Treo screen, etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by otis530
    I haven't had any luck searching for this - I've been looking for the best way to optimize the pictures I store on my SD card for viewing on the Treo. I use Splashphoto for viewing, and would like to store the picture in as small a size as possible. I have a 1gb card and am approaching 100mbs of just pictures, would like to minimize that by converting all the pictures to the optimal size. Right now I have pictures ranging in size from 40k to 400k, I would like to convert what I've got, and import future pictures at the right size.

Does anyone have recommendations for the best way to do this with Splashphoto, what the smallest size a picture should be for viewing on the Treo screen, etc?
    Almost any garden desktop variety of photo editors that come with most digital cameras should allow this; there are also a bunch of free photo utilities
    here; what I finally decided to use was AcidImage,, which allows me to resize on the go. Great program -faster displays and more manipulation than any other Palm imaging program I've come across.
    David
    I resize most of my pics to 320x320 via the Palm desktop conversion tool. Just go to Media and select the images to convert and sync to the card...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by otis530

why not use splashphoto to do it?
    you are already using it, so seems the easiest, to me.
    i use it for that.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650