Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Greetings all,

I noticed after reading about the opera news that palm users can get a free java install, I was wondering if this was a good or bad idea? I have a web application that needs java to run " Urchin Analytics ", which I would love to be able to access when I am out and about and want to check statistics on the road.

I was just curious if installing these 2 files could cause any stability issues with my so far rock solid 650.

Thanks for any advice

Cheers!
    I installed the IBM Java that came with the Treo and have had absolutely none of the issues that other people have had with their Treo's. Mine has been rock solid too!
    Nope, waste of space for me. I tried it, did not have any problems with it but i thought it was a waste of space (even with kmaps)
    Treoing & Loving it
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Well, depends on what you use it for. I put it on for TrafficEdge.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Acutally, Webviewer 4.0 by Reqwireless is one of the best and fastest browsers for treo 600 and 650 its definatley worth installing Java
    Quote Originally Posted by migs
    Acutally, Webviewer 4.0 by Reqwireless is one of the best and fastest browsers for treo 600 and 650 its definatley worth installing Java
    Where does one find Webviewer 4.0?
    You haven't Googled for Webviewer! Just try it out and be amazed!
    I had Java on the 600 for Webviewer, but ever since they upgraded Xiino for OS 5, I just see Java as a memory hog (2.5+MB if I recall correctly). Even with KMaps I don't see a need for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    Nope, waste of space for me. I tried it, did not have any problems with it but i thought it was a waste of space (even with kmaps)
    Same for me. Regardless of it's functionality (which I certainly don't see), I refuse to install it as a matter of principle.
    I use it for KMaps & Trafficedge. Definitely worth it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roel
    You haven't Googled for Webviewer! Just try it out and be amazed!
    But Opera Mini is considerably faster than WebViewer.

Java is worth the space, as nearly all Java midlets (except for Opera Mini) run off the SD card.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I use java for webviewer and now testing Opera Mini on it. I used to love webviewer until recently due to the slow response as compare to before. So, I guess it is worth it until I find out I run out of space on my 650. (still have 6 megs left)

BTW, does anyone know how to input an underscore "_" when using either Opera or Webviewer, because everytime I do that under the textfield input, my treo just crashed. My email account happens to have an underscore, and I was never able to do a web based email checking unless I use blazer, which I can't stand the slow speed.

Please Help!!