1.    #1  
    For those of you not already aware, try this:

Get acces to virtual pc (or a spare pc).
    Install the windows version of the treo 650 onto this win os.
    Now, you can keep skipping the in between steps and get the the last step of installation :installing extra software.
    It should launch a splash screen that allows you to install a great arcade game called Zap 2016 (WHY don't we get this on the mac setup disc? )
    Now navigate through the (hopeless) Win file structure, and copy the following file from the "files to install" (or equivalent) folder:

Zap2016-treo650-enhsound.prc

Once copied onto the mac os, double click and install onto the sd card (it can be run from there).

GREAT game, free and fully unlocked......palm and orange uk seem to think only PC users will like it though
    I was able to install zap2016 to my treo from my mac. Granted I had to open up the separate folder on the CD and manually hotsync it. But it was relatively easy with no need of virtual PC.

It's a pain, but you have to consider that MacOS only has about 5% of the OS market share. Palm also doesn't officially support MacOS anymore. So Windows will always get the extra goodies. If you've been a Mac user for a while you should be used to it by now.

Fun game to play when I'm on the train
    Besides, there's plenty of good software developed ONLY for the MAC as well. I have both a PC and a Mac, so I get the best of both worlds.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Yeah, it often bums me out that all those PC viruses and exploits are only released for Windows... What a total rip-off!!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by trowa
    I was able to install zap2016 to my treo from my mac. Granted I had to open up the separate folder on the CD and manually hotsync it. But it was relatively easy with no need of virtual PC.
    I've trawled through my mac install disc and nope, it's definitely not on there, but it's on the PC install disc plain as day. No getting around it, it's not even offered to us maccies.

Quote Originally Posted by trowa
    If you've been a Mac user for a while you should be used to it by now.
    Still p***es me off though

PS Yeah, those viruses do make me laugh
    that's weird. I just popped in my palm software CD (cingular branded) and inside was a folder named english. Inside that folder is another folder called essential software that allowed me to install solitaire, zap2016, doc2go and adobe's pdf reader. Some even had dmg files.

I guess it is up to the carrier if they want to allow you to install the other 3rd party apps for mac users.
    Zap also came with the unlocked Treo 650 that I got.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
  8.    #8  
    The odd thing is that zap doesn't come in the Orange UK english->essential software folder on the (operator supplied) mac disc......

...but is there on the Orange UK english->essential software folder on the (operator supplied) pc disc ????

what gives, not sure why my operator wants its pc treo users to have it but excludes it for its mac treo users
    Well I know in the UK (and the rest of the world), the Mac has an even tinier market share than in the US. Microsoft dominates in Europe. So much so that even in IM protocols, MSN messenger is used more than AOL instant messenger.

I would voice your concern over mac software with Orange. It's not like it's too hard for them to make a hybrid PC/Mac CD. If the US carriers can do it, why can't they? It's not like they have to do anything special in terms of writing new install programs.