Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    I have a verizon Treo 650 (upgraded from a Kyo 7135). My wife has a Sony Clie SJ22 that runs OS 4.1. Can I sync these both? How? After removing the old software, and installing the Treo software, the sony will not sync.

She's ticked enough that I got the new one, I have got to get hers to sync or I am in trouble!
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Sorry for the second post. I am posting this everywhere I belong and forgot I already put it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by swagner
    I have a verizon Treo 650 (upgraded from a Kyo 7135). My wife has a Sony Clie SJ22 that runs OS 4.1. Can I sync these both? How? After removing the old software, and installing the Treo software, the sony will not sync.

She's ticked enough that I got the new one, I have got to get hers to sync or I am in trouble!
    Well...

Maybe create a new folder in Programs, reinstall the older Sony software to the new folder and then send a short cut for the new folder to your desktop.

It may work...I never tried syncing to different OS on the same puter. Just an idea...

Chuck
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    The problem (I think) is that the hotsync manager is different and I can't run 2 hotsync managers at once.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    I have tried seperate users in xp, but even with my wife and I having seperate logins it is no go. Palm desktop will not let itself install in 2 locations.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Palm support emailed me a suggestion. They said to install the older Sony on another computer. Some suggestion!!
    That is probably the only answer. There is one other remedy that is similar. Create a partition on the same computer and install a second WinXP. Then you can boot to the second one for synching your wife's Clie. It would probably be easier and cheaper (considering your time) to just buy a newer Palm for her.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    I am just pissed over this. My wife and I are both long time palm users, my first being a iiix and hers a handspring visor. We have had many palms over the years and NEVER had issued syncing 2 to the same machine. I am not going to dual boot or get a second pc just to support a palm. I just think palm should have been a bit more careful in reworking the hotsync manager.