1.    #1  
    That is the error message im getting. I got the unlock code from cingular. Used it on the Treo 650 and still I cannot use the tmobile sim card. The phone said that it was unlocked but when is switched sim cards it did not camp on a tmobile network.

I know many of you on here are doing this exact same thing and i am trying to figure out what im doing wrong. thanks for helping guys.
    The phone will say it is unlocked with any number you ype in. Is it possible you mistyped the number you were given? It is also possible you were given the wrong number. I've read of that happening to others. Be careful with how many times you enter the number as you can onlly do it a limited number of times (I've heard 5 times).

If I were you I'd call Cingular again and confirm I have the right number before trying again. Ask them to get you the number again. It should be the same one you already have.
    Quote Originally Posted by SynAck
    That is the error message im getting. I got the unlock code from cingular. Used it on the Treo 650 and still I cannot use the tmobile sim card. The phone said that it was unlocked but when is switched sim cards it did not camp on a tmobile network.

I know many of you on here are doing this exact same thing and i am trying to figure out what im doing wrong. thanks for helping guys.
    Is the Tmobile card 32k? I think I read on here that you need a 64k sim card for the 650.
  4.    #4  
    How would I know how many k simcard I have. Does it say it on any of the numbers on the card?

Also... I notice that is says its unlocked. They gave me the number several times. Let me see if I have the procedure correct.

*#*#<8digitunlock># <green button>
    Then is says that its unlocked. Now do I just switch out the sim without powering the unit off or anything like that. Becuase I think I removed the battery last time. Could that have made an difference. Thanks again guys.
    I think you have the procedure right. However, be aware that whatever number you put it, the phone will say it is unlocked, even though it will only work with one special number. Some people have tried just typing in 1234 and get the phone unlocked message.

After unlocking, you turn the phone off and then remove the SIM card and put in the one from T-Mobile. You could go to a T-Mobile store and ask them to try a different card in case your SIM is somehow bad.

Unlocking is independent of the SIM. I unlocked mine with the ATTWS SIM in place and I am able to put in SIM's from other providers. I've even reflashed my phone without any effect on its locked status. I unlocked it with a number I got from Cingular, just like you are trying to do.

Is it possible someone already tried to unlock it too many times with a wrong code and now it won't work with the real code? I don't know what the symptoms are if you try too many times.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Is the Tmobile card 32k? I think I read on here that you need a 64k sim card for the 650.
    No you don't need a 64k sim card for 650.
  7.    #7  
    I would also like to know what the symptoms are when you enter the code too many times. I have tried many times and the phone is not behaving any differently and I can still try and enter codes.

Should I try one of the website where you pay them to give you the unlock code. I dont know what to do. I just got the phone and want to use is so bad. Thanks again guys.