Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    FYI...

i have noticed that most of you guys are having trouble in synching your calendar because it automatically set itself to "DO NOTHING" even if you force it to change a billion times. well, here's the catch:
    the conduit for calendar will automatically set to "DO NOTHING" if you have created an Exchange Active Sync account on versamail..(kindly check your treos). this normally happens because EAS will sync your emails as well as the calendar on the server.this means that you are synching the calendar "wirelessly". so, you cannot sync them using a hotsync cable/cradle. if your not using an EAS account on versamail, you may have accidentally created one. therefore, in order for you to sync the calendar locally, you must delete the existing EAS account on the treo as well as on the versamail account setup on your computer then perform a soft reset on the device. now you're ready to perform a hotsync!
    In my case, installing Yahoo Intellisync somehow changed the Treo Outlook conduit to Palm Desktop! It took me sometime to realize that was the problem. To quicly identify it, there should be "(Outlook)" behind each related conduit.
    I also get "Calander syncronization faild" message. This is the only thing that fails and I try to sync it with Palm desktop 4.1.4

I tried the dbScan method described by bill but it doesn't work. Still same error.

Any other ideas?

BTW, it fails both in cable sync and BT sync.
    can you give us a screenshot of your recent hotsync log please?and are you using verizon as your carrier?
    Sorry, forgot to mention. I use Cingular so it's not the Verizon Versalink related problem.

Here's a copy of the log:

HotSync operation started for Tomer Litvin on 07/29/06 20:14:33

OK Quick Install
    VersaMail
    - Sync configured to Do Nothing
    OK Memos
    Take An Order! - Uploaded 248 items
    Take An Order! - Backed up 50 items from catalog
    Documents To Go Message(s)
    The version of the Documents To Go application on your handheld does not match the version of Documents To Go on your desktop. Please see the following website for further information: http://www.dataviz.com/hhactivation
    Calendar synchronization failed

OK Contacts
    OK Tasks
    -- Backup
    -- WARNING: Possible database overwrite problem. Backing up database currentmap.dat to file D:\saved files\Palm\LitvinT\Backup\currentmap_dat.PDB. The file contained database CurrentMap.dat data.
    -- Backing up currentmap.dat to D:\saved files\Palm\LitvinT\Backup\currentmap_dat.PDB
    -- WARNING: Possible database overwrite problem. Backing up database CurrentMap.dat to file D:\saved files\Palm\LitvinT\Backup\CurrentMap_dat.PDB. The file contained database currentmap.dat data.
    -- Backing up CurrentMap.dat to D:\saved files\Palm\LitvinT\Backup\CurrentMap_dat.PDB
    -- Backing up MMIDCache1 to D:\saved files\Palm\LitvinT\Backup\MMIDCache1.PDB
    -- Backing up MMIDCache2 to D:\saved files\Palm\LitvinT\Backup\MMIDCache2.PDB
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to D:\saved files\Palm\LitvinT\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    OK Backup with 2 message(s)
    hmmm... it shows that you're synching with palm desktop.. may i know if where is the data located so that i can think of a workaround best suited for your issue?
    What do you mean "where is the data ocated"?

I mostly enter calander events into my Treo. Then sync with the desktop for backup. Rarely I will enter it in the desktop and sync to transfer to the phone.

The calander data is on the phone's memory (I guess).
    kindly check your recurring events on your treo if they have an end date. hotsync will think you have a corrupted data. just put an end date on events like birthdays or holidays... and try another sync.
    What is an end date? I have a start / finish time and one date per record. What exactly is the end date?
    ok. I got it. checking now.
    I found two records with no end date. I put an end date for the in both the Treo and palm desktop. It didn't help. Still getting that same error
    Here is a solution that has always worked for me:

Export all of your records via the Palm or Outlook File Export feature off of the file menu and save them to a CSV type file.

Delete the records in the desktop component - you'll have to delete all records.

Reimport the records back into the desktop component.

Set hot sync to Desktop overwrites Handheld for those components that have been modified - for one time hot sync.

Hot Sync

This process will clean out all errant corruptions - the only negative is that if you have photos tied to contacts - well those will also be wiped out and will have to be reestablished.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    I have completely deleted all records in both palm desktop and the calander on the palm. Still won't sync. I treied deleting calanderDB-PDat file from the palm and it won't let me delete it.
    So then delete the records on the desktop - then sync this should clear the records on the handheld as well. Then import them back from the CSV file on the desktop (remember to export them before deleting them) and force the sync to Handheld overwrites Desktop for just the one sync......
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    I have deleted the calander DB on the palm. Deleted the one on the desktop and I still get the same error message with both calanders completely empty.
    Hard reset time and try again.
    Moose Man
    Did a hard reset the restored my stuff from backup. I obviously need my data so can't skip the restore. I also re-installed palm desktop.

Now I get another error:

HotSync operation started for Tomer Litvin on 08/01/06 18:39:58

Unable to create handheld database. SyncCreateDB returned 4019.
    HotSync Exchange synchronization failed

Protocol Error: The requested command is not supported (4019)
    OK Quick Install
    VersaMail
    - Sync configured to Do Nothing
    OK Memos
    Take An Order! - Uploaded 248 items
    Take An Order! - Backed up 50 items from catalog
    Documents To Go Message(s)
    The version of the Documents To Go application on your handheld does not match the version of Documents To Go on your desktop. Please see the following website for further information: http://www.dataviz.com/hhactivation
    Calendar synchronization failed

OK Contacts
    OK Tasks
    -- Backup
    -- WARNING: Possible database overwrite problem. Backing up database currentmap.dat to file D:\saved files\Palm\LitvinT\Backup\currentmap_dat.PDB. The file contained database CurrentMap.dat data.
    -- Backing up currentmap.dat to D:\saved files\Palm\LitvinT\Backup\currentmap_dat.PDB
    -- WARNING: Possible database overwrite problem. Backing up database CurrentMap.dat to file D:\saved files\Palm\LitvinT\Backup\CurrentMap_dat.PDB. The file contained database currentmap.dat data.
    -- Backing up CurrentMap.dat to D:\saved files\Palm\LitvinT\Backup\CurrentMap_dat.PDB
    -- Backing up CurrentCarrier to D:\saved files\Palm\LitvinT\Backup\CurrentCarrier.PDB
    -- Backing up MMIDCache1 to D:\saved files\Palm\LitvinT\Backup\MMIDCache1.PDB
    -- Backing up MMIDCache2 to D:\saved files\Palm\LitvinT\Backup\MMIDCache2.PDB
    -- Backing up Messages Database to D:\saved files\Palm\LitvinT\Backup\Messages_Database.PDB
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to D:\saved files\Palm\LitvinT\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    OK Backup with 2 message(s)

HotSync operation completed on 08/01/06 18:40:39
    You are set to sync via Exchange server which means you must sync via Outlook not Palm Desktop. And you can't have some of the conduits one way and the other's set another way. - are you using Outlook for email? If yes, then you are going to have to turn off the Exchange server sync - via the handheld in order to sync your calendar and email via hot sync.

You can not use Versamail to sync wirelessly without it also syncing the Calendar portion wirelessly.

Don't ask me why Palm did that but that's the way it is.
    Moose Man
    I'm sure I don't have to tell you that I have never set it to sync via exchange.

Where do you change it?
    On the phone and on the desktop.

It's a pain in the rear and I've seen where in order to totally clear it from the desktop - an unistall followed by a cleaning of the registry and then a reboot and reinstall.

And yes, you probably didn't set it for that except possibly misunderstood the install instructions which is extremely easy to do...
    Moose Man
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast