Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Seemingly out of the blue...after years of using my 700p...when I press the calendar and contacts button on my Treo..it appears to do a soft reset and i can't access these.

I have done a hard reset overriding the Treo with my desktop information and all information will transfer but not the contacts and address file. And I get the same soft reset when I try to press those button. I don't use Versamail (I use Snappermail) so I didn't sync with VersaMail which I've read can cause problems.

I took it to the Sprint store and they were able to get it to work with their test files but couldn't have them test with my files.

Help Please

Thanks JC
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I found a solution posted elsewhere that worked for me. I replaced my Saved Preference file with a previous version that I had stored on my card. This worked so my Saved Preferences must have gotten corrupted.

Hope this helps someone else.

JC
    Similar to others my centro began to hang up on the calendar on both of my computers. Dbscan didn't fix it so i sprung for the dbfixit.. SUCCESS. The centro is a lovely machine but i don't think it could keep it operating if it wasn't for the wisdom you guys share.. Thanks
    OMG, jccomo you are a GENIUS! I have had this problem off and on for a year and the only way to recover was to do a hard reset!

I actually just deleted the saved preferences file and the syncing worked!

I simply cannot solve my synch problems. I use "The Missing Link" with Mac OSX. The whole process drives me nuts . constant soft resets to get the bluetooth connection to work. and then in teh middle of synching the calendar the Treo resets itself!. I think I have tried most things . deleting old back-ups. Hard resets., etc but the problem remains.

I had fewer problem 15 years ago synching an old PSION, and this is 2009! Why people rave about the Treo I shall never know. I wouldn't recommend the Treo or "The Missing Link" to anyone.

I'm buying a new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble View Post
    1. Install dbScan (attached)
    2. Launch it and choose "Other"
    3. From the menu, choose Options/"Remove All Deleted Records"
    4. Do this for both the PalmSource and PalmOne databases
    5. Change the action of the desktop conduits (for those PIMs that had records removed) to "Handheld overwrites desktop"
    6. Hotsync
    I have installed db scan on my Centro because of calendar sync getting stalled. When I launch bd scan and choose "Other" it indicates thet the total number of records is 0. If I choosed to scan the history - I get a screen saying the scan may take a while, and then the Centro goes off and on again. How do I get it to scan?
    Help appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble View Post
    1. Install dbScan (attached)
    2. Launch it and choose "Other"
    3. From the menu, choose Options/"Remove All Deleted Records"
    4. Do this for both the PalmSource and PalmOne databases
    5. Change the action of the desktop conduits (for those PIMs that had records removed) to "Handheld overwrites desktop"
    6. Hotsync
    My HotSync HANGS when it comes to the calendar... so How do I install dbScan when it hangs before it gets to the installation?
    Quote Originally Posted by rdalopez View Post
    My HotSync HANGS when it comes to the calendar... so How do I install dbScan when it hangs before it gets to the installation?
    Did you make sure that all of you recurring calendar entries have end dates in Outlook?

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by rdalopez View Post
    Use this program to install (always):
    Freeware Palm: Simply Install - Pilot Install v4.8.0
    Thought the Treo age may now be wanning, I continue to slog on ith my T680 in the hope that a GSM Web Os device and Docs to Go make the transition...but I digress....

Recently noticed my calender and contacts stopped syncing. The Hot sync log shows nothing is done at all and the settings still say "syncronize".

it then dawned on me that the only change that I had made to my T680 was to add a new email account that was based on an Exchange server (But it is not my primary account).

Having read some other posts here in this giant thread, I noticed a link to the sync process causing pain. Once I deleted my Exchange email account, everything was happy again. So clearly it is a T680 thing with the Exchange account.
    See post above first....it sets stage for my issue.

The question is, how can I add an Exchange based email to my T680 and have it totally disregard everything but the email?

I tried syncing email only but it always wants to do everything. Moreover, it seems to be locking out my calender and contacts sync to Outlook (my normal and preferred mode).

O great swammies of the TC...What say you?

Skigs
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roneberg View Post
    I've seen this problem discussed earlier in the thread, but not a solution --

I sync with Palm Desktop (not Outlook or other third party product) on a Windows PC. It's worked for me with every Palm device I've used, through my current Centro.

All of a sudden, major problem. Now when I sync, everything goes perfectly normally, EXCEPT nothing at all happens with calendar (datebook) and contacts (address). No error message in the hotsync log, no nothing -- the hotsync process just skips them entirely, as if they didn't exist, and starts right up with syncing tasks (todos) memos, media, etc.

I've been through this entire thread, and tried everything suggested, including dbfixit, TealScan, hard resets, etc. Nothing's worked, and so for months now I've just been storing everything on the Centro, backing up to the microSD card in the phone, but with no ability to transfer data to the desktop. If I lose the phone I'm dead.

I've even called Palm support, and spent hours on the line with them. They claim the two databases must be irretrievably corrupt and I have to change my hotsync user name. But that would mean essentially trashing all the third party software I've spent a decade building up as a Palm customer.

Help! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    ^there is probably a corrupt db. Aside from using the database repair apps, you should delete the database file on your handheld with Filez or similar app then reinstall PalmDesktop and hotsync with 'desktop overwrites handheld.' Worked for me sometimes. Hope this helps.

Do you have DocsToGo? This can also cause hotsync to hang.
    Roneberg, were you ever able to fix this problem without deleting the database file on your phone?

ChemEngr, is there any other way to fix this?

My problem is similar - my calendar and address book no longer update in my laptop. I'd rather not delete the databases on my phone (Centro on Verizon, if that matters) as they are the only ones that are up to date. I make the changes on my phone and to sync them to my computer, and occasionally the other way around.

I've already reinstalled Palm Desktop, so now my calendar and address book are totally blank. Thankfully I've saved a back up of what I had, so I can restore from that.
    Quote Originally Posted by CattieBrie View Post
    Roneberg, were you ever able to fix this problem without deleting the database file on your phone?

ChemEngr, is there any other way to fix this?

My problem is similar - my calendar and address book no longer update in my laptop. I'd rather not delete the databases on my phone (Centro on Verizon, if that matters) as they are the only ones that are up to date. I make the changes on my phone and to sync them to my computer, and occasionally the other way around.

I've already reinstalled Palm Desktop, so now my calendar and address book are totally blank. Thankfully I've saved a back up of what I had, so I can restore from that.
    I am now having the same problem any thoughts or resolution?
    Thanks
    -g-

Treo 300-650-755P, Contract ends 11/30/07. SERO F&F 1250, The following are unlimited: N&W (7PM), Mobile to Home (M2H), Free Incoming, Vision Data, Text Messages for $49.99 - Plus Sprint AIRAVE @ N/C.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie_g View Post
    I am now having the same problem any thoughts or resolution?
    Thanks
    Nope, no luck here. I had to do a hard reset and start over. I used my old Tungsten E to save the info I needed off my Centro by beaming it from one to the other and then back again later. So far, everything seems fine. *knocks on wood*

I think I may have found the cause too. I had entered several birth dates into my contacts list that were before the Palm calendar could handle. When I re-entered them this time, I got an error message and it pushed them forward to 1970.
    After many years of good service, I will be migrating my T680 to a new BB Pearl Flip. The fellow at the store was able to transfer my contacts, but not my calendar. He said to Sync it with Outlook and then Sync Outlook with the BB.

Everything Synchs with Outlook except the Calendar (natch). I have run dbscan and deleted an duplicate records (which it found none of), but every time I try to Synch my Calendar, I receive the following errors:

HotSync session completed with errors on 11/25/09 09:19:44

HotSync session started on 11/25/09 09:19:18, and completed in 26.0 seconds

Outlook Calendar synchronization aborted

Duration: 2.4 seconds

Outlook Calendar

OLERR:05-0013

OLERR:05-000F

OLERR:0D-000C

OLERR:0D-0004

OLERR:0D-0001

- HH overwrite Desktop Sync

OLERR:15-0002

OLERR:06-0001

Outlook Contacts synchronized successfully

Duration: 0.0 seconds

Any help, folks??

**** Flanagan
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I had a similar challenge....calendar causes the most problems I think because it is usually the largest number of records and also the record are more complex (repeating entries, etc.). Anyway, I was able to convert over 8K records successfully (after a lot of trial and error). Here are some some tips -

- go to the Palm website and make sure you download the latest updates for Outlook sync (there is one for Outlook 2003 and another for Outlook 2007)
    - clear as much memory in your PC as possible by doing a reboot before you start and shutting down all other apps (except Palm desktop, Hotsync, and Outlook)
    - Take Outlook offline (I also disabled my wireless and LAN connections just in case)
    - Clear Offline Entries for calendar folder (this deletes all your calendar entries in outlook, they will still be on your server and will resync once you put outlook back online) - NOTE THIS IS ONLY IF YOU ARE RUNNING OUTLOOK OFF OF AN EXCHANGE SERVER THAT YOU CAN SYNC BACK UP WITH
    - Set Outlook to NOT display reminders (Tools, Options, Advanced, Reminder Options). This seemed to be key for me....when this was not disabled, as the thousands of items were syncing, I got reminders for all past events (several hundred each minute) and Outlook seemed to have trouble keeping up
    - set Hotync to only sync from Handheld ==> Desktop

Make sure you back everything up before you start any of this. I found that if things did not work, I could simply clear all my Outlook offline entries and that would basically undo everything since I was just doing a one way sync (and then just put Outlook back online to get everything back from the server as it was before I started).

I think previous tips have also said that recurring appointments without an end date can cause problems, so I went through and set and end date for all of these. Think there were some other problematic types of entries for other folks (check earlier in this thread), but i got mine to work by following all the steps above.

If you have auto archive on for calendar, you should probably also turn that off before you do this, you can turn back on after you are done.

Hope this helps, good luck.
    I worked with Palm Chat support and with the help of dbscan20b.prc we removed three corrupted "blobs" and the export to Outlooked worked fine!!

Thank you (and Stewart at Palm) for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzjunkysue View Post
    I found some wierd typing in my handheld on December 31st, 1969. The palm desktop only reads from 1970 on. As soon as I deletted the typing on dec 31 1969, my calendar synced right up.

Worth a try. Real easy.
    I have been racking my brain since my laptop crashed, and trying to get my 755p data synced backed into my desktop. I have tried quite a few reccomendations I came across, but surely enough, this was the solution.

Dec 31 1969 has a little *and square symbol. How it got there, mankind may never know
    But once deleted - it synced up like a charm!

THANKS SO MUCH JAZZYJUNKYSUE!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by awerner68 View Post
    OMG, jccomo you are a GENIUS! I have had this problem off and on for a year and the only way to recover was to do a hard reset!

I actually just deleted the saved preferences file and the syncing worked!

You saved my day!
    My Treo 680 was stuck during hotsync. I just deleted saved preferences and problem was solved.
    Why did I waste a whole day on it? I should have looked at discussion.treocentral.com :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzjunkysue View Post
    I found some wierd typing in my handheld on December 31st, 1969. The palm desktop only reads from 1970 on. As soon as I deletted the typing on dec 31 1969, my calendar synced right up.

Worth a try. Real easy.

Awesome suggestion, Sue! That is all I needed. I've had this problem for about a month, completely lost all my calendar data one time (fortunately, I keep it on Cozi, also), and have spent hours and hours trying to figure it out. Thank you sooooo much!!!!!!
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213