Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble View Post
    Buy DbFixit. It's the successor to dbScan, and much more comprehensive.
    As noted at post #185.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE View Post
    As noted at post #185.
    Tks RSGMOOSE
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble View Post
    1. Install dbScan (attached)
    2. Launch it and choose "Other"
    3. From the menu, choose Options/"Remove All Deleted Records"
    4. Do this for both the PalmSource and PalmOne databases
    5. Change the action of the desktop conduits (for those PIMs that had records removed) to "Handheld overwrites desktop"
    6. Hotsync
    I have a 755 and this does not help
    Hey jppzecuador et al.

Sorry for not checking the entire thread to see if this possible solution was suggested, but here goes, anyway, since I just solved my own sync problem. In researching the fix, I came across the following link in the Palm Knowledgebase: [http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...ase=Obj(39426).

I have a 755p, and the steps didn't work. So why do I mention it? Because I had just installed Wireless Sync--by accident! As soon as I uninstalled it, I was able to sync to Outlook.

Although installing Wireless Sync did not directly affect Tasks, Memos, or Contacts on my Treo, my datebook was corrupted, so I was in a bit of a panic when it appeared it had been lost forever. Fortunately, my last successful hotsync was over the weekend, so after I unistalled/deleted WS, then did a hotsync, I was 99.8% restored.

While the specific instructions may not hold for the current Palm OS (at least on the 755p), the strategy described in the KB article may solve any problems caused by syncing both WS and Outlook. [Since I only want to sync to Outlook, I'm not going to experiment....]

http://www.justforfunboard.com/gfx/smileys/goodluck.gif
    Its Alicia again! I had the primary problem the first time now it is a little different. When I hotsync it doesn't even try to sync my contacts and calendar. I have recently installed Agendus Mail and had setup up my yahoo account verizon dsl account and my gmail account. I don't really know when those stopped syncing because I wasn't using my desktop much. I deleted verizon dsl and gmail account and did the dbfix but can't seem to figure out why it just skips those in syncing.

Any help appreciated!

Alicia
    Thanks to Bill Gamble for the dbscan solution - it found a bad record in datebook that was causing a fatal exception on hotsync.
    I found some wierd typing in my handheld on December 31st, 1969. The palm desktop only reads from 1970 on. As soon as I deletted the typing on dec 31 1969, my calendar synced right up.

Worth a try. Real easy.
    Hi--I'm at my wits' end. I can't sync my Centro for the life of me. Please help!

I've purchased DBFixIt and it no longer finds any errors. I haven't had a successful hotsync since I removed all the blobs/deleted records/etc. I'm using Palm Desktop and not Outlook.

Hot Sync Manager is 6.0.1. I'm running Palm Desktop 4.1.4 on Windows XP.

Here's my sync log:
    HotSync operation started for Kerri Peech on 01/13/09 12:25:42

OK Quick Install
    VersaMail
    - Sync configured to Do Nothing
    OK Memos
    Calendar synchronization failed

Contacts synchronization failed

Tasks synchronization failed

Protocol Error: Handheld file could not be opened. (4004)
    -- Backing up MultiMail BData to C:\Documents and Settings\Kerri\My Documents\Palm OS Desktop\PeechK\Backup\MultiMail_BData.PDB
    -- Backing up S7 Event Log to C:\Documents and Settings\Kerri\My Documents\Palm OS Desktop\PeechK\Backup\S7_Event_Log.PDB
    -- Backing up psysLaunchDB to C:\Documents and Settings\Kerri\My Documents\Palm OS Desktop\PeechK\Backup\psysLaunchDB.PDB
    -- Backing up HxSyncRegistry to C:\Documents and Settings\Kerri\My Documents\Palm OS Desktop\PeechK\Backup\HxSyncRegistry.PDB
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Documents and Settings\Kerri\My Documents\Palm OS Desktop\PeechK\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    OK Backup

HotSync operation completed on 01/13/09 12:25:46

Any suggestions?
    Bill, thanks for posting the Palm Treo Calendar sync repair. I have a 680 that developed all kinds of issues when I tried to upgrade to the current the Palm OS. I was so close to tossing the phone and going with another manufacturer. Issues with Treo have been horrible but when it works right, its the best! Thanks again, send me a note if you're ever in SoCal. Owe you a cold beer or a surf lesson! John
    Thank you everyone for your discussion on Calender sync stalls- I have had a 755p for over a year that was stuck on calender no matter what computer, what OS, uninstall/installed so many times tweaking custom sync and multiple hours wasted just trying to get my calender and contacts onto my home computers. I gave up for months until I had some large blocks of time to mess with it again. The immediate fix for my 755p was dbfixit for 12.95 and my phone synced the first time on three different computers-well worth the money.
    Bill, THANKS so much for the download, and more importanly; the instructions. I already had the program on my Centro, but just didn't know how to use it properly. (I also synced my Date book), but this time it did not hang up and everything went through.

Now everything is synced to the laptop.

Thanks again!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    PROBLEM RESOVLED - THANKS ANYWAY

I have a Sprint Centro.
    DbFixit has not found any errors and found no deleted files to remove.

I am getting the following message:

OK Quick Install
    SplashID - sync configured to Do Nothing.
    OK SplashID
    VersaMail
    - Sync configured to Do Nothing
    Outlook Contacts
    The conduits were unable to attach to Outlook, possibly because the logon was canceled or otherwise failed. Synchronization failed.
    OLERR:0C-000F (0x0)
    OLERR:0D-0003
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    OK Outlook Contacts with 1 message(s)

Outlook Tasks
    - Not Synchronized
    OK Outlook Tasks
    Outlook Notes
    - Not Synchronized
    OK Outlook Notes
    OK Documents To Go - sync configured to Do Nothing.
    Outlook Calendar
    - Not Synchronized
    OK Outlook Calendar
    -- Backing up NetworkDB to C:\Program Files\Palm\PA\Backup\NetworkDB.PDB
    -- Backing up MultiMail BData to C:\Program Files\Palm\PA\Backup\MultiMail_BData.PDB
    -- Backing up db2Day to C:\Program Files\Palm\PA\Backup\db2Day.PDB
    -- Backing up TakePhoneDB to C:\Program Files\Palm\PA\Backup\TakePhoneDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Snapper-Prefs-Snpm to C:\Program Files\Palm\PA\Backup\Snapper-Prefs-Snpm.PDB
    -- Backing up Snapper-MsgList-Snpm to C:\Program Files\Palm\PA\Backup\Snapper-MsgList-Snpm.PDB
    -- Backing up Messages Database to C:\Program Files\Palm\PA\Backup\Messages_Database.PDB
    -- Backing up 2dayThemes to C:\Program Files\Palm\PA\Backup\2dayThemes.PDB
    -- Backing up PhoneCallDB to C:\Program Files\Palm\PA\Backup\PhoneCallDB.PDB
    -- Backing up TreoAlertMgrInfoDB to C:\Program Files\Palm\PA\Backup\TreoAlertMgrInfoDB.PDB
    -- Backing up psysLaunchDB to C:\Program Files\Palm\PA\Backup\psysLaunchDB.PDB
    -- Backing up PmTraceDatabase to C:\Program Files\Palm\PA\Backup\PmTraceDatabase.PDB
    -- Backing up HxSyncRegistry to C:\Program Files\Palm\PA\Backup\HxSyncRegistry.PDB
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Program Files\Palm\PA\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    OK Backup

HotSync operation completed on 02/04/09 20:30:15
    BTW: I am using Pocket Mirror
    Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    TIA
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 02/04/2009 at 11:36 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Your log indicates the problem exists with Outlook (OLERR is short for Outlook Error). As I don't use Outlook, suggest you search the forum on one of the error numbers.
    PROBLEM RESOVLED - THANKS ANYWAY

Well now my hotsync log is only displaying calendar errors:

Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:03-0024 (0x8000ffff)
    OLERR:03-0006 (0x80004004)
    OLERR:0D-0016
    OLERR:0D-000E
    OLERR:0D-0004
    - Recovery Sync
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001

DbFixit has no errors and no deleted files to be removed.
    I'm using a Sprint Centro.
    Before I attempt to establish an end date for all of my recurring events (lots of them) does anyone have any suggestions?

TIA
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 02/04/2009 at 11:37 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    Your log indicates the problem exists with Outlook (OLERR is short for Outlook Error). As I don't use Outlook, suggest you search the forum on one of the error numbers.
    Tks for the info detective. I got it to sync. Did a Detect and Repair in Outlook and resatarted my laptop.

Tks again.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I thought I would share with those of you who have an interest how I solved my OLERR issues:

After running DbFixit and finding no issues to fix/and or deleted records to remove, I decided to do a Detect and Repair in Outlook.

Well that didn't work so I began to investigate looking up all of my recurring events that didn't have end dates in Outlook. When attempting to begin opening these events one by one, I discovered that I couldn't open any event.

So I was lost and about to give up when I decided to restart my laptop.

Then my problem went away.

So it appears it was a combination of the Detect and Repair then restarting my laptop that solved the problem of hotsyncing. ( I did not have to put an end date on the recurring events. I have since gone back in and put an end date on those.

My problem initially started when my Centro locked up trying to do a hotsync.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Excellent!!!!
    It works!!!!

Thanks
    I've seen this problem discussed earlier in the thread, but not a solution --

I sync with Palm Desktop (not Outlook or other third party product) on a Windows PC. It's worked for me with every Palm device I've used, through my current Centro.

All of a sudden, major problem. Now when I sync, everything goes perfectly normally, EXCEPT nothing at all happens with calendar (datebook) and contacts (address). No error message in the hotsync log, no nothing -- the hotsync process just skips them entirely, as if they didn't exist, and starts right up with syncing tasks (todos) memos, media, etc.

I've been through this entire thread, and tried everything suggested, including dbfixit, TealScan, hard resets, etc. Nothing's worked, and so for months now I've just been storing everything on the Centro, backing up to the microSD card in the phone, but with no ability to transfer data to the desktop. If I lose the phone I'm dead.

I've even called Palm support, and spent hours on the line with them. They claim the two databases must be irretrievably corrupt and I have to change my hotsync user name. But that would mean essentially trashing all the third party software I've spent a decade building up as a Palm customer.

Help! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    I have the same problem as Roneberg - hotsync process skips calendar completely. In addition, everytime I try to open hotsync on my desktop it hangs up and I have to end task through windows task manager. This prevents me from manually setting conduits. Already tried deleting, resetting, dbScan solution and others with no luck. Any clues or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    ^there is probably a corrupt db. Aside from using the database repair apps, you should delete the database file on your handheld with Filez or similar app then reinstall PalmDesktop and hotsync with 'desktop overwrites handheld.' Worked for me sometimes. Hope this helps.

Do you have DocsToGo? This can also cause hotsync to hang.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast