Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Versamail with EAS works great to sync my work calendar & contacts with my Centro.

I also want to sync my contacts with my Home PC & my Centro.

Any recommendations?

Deleting my EAS account, doing a sync & re-creating the account is ...

1) painful
    2) not working all that well (getting dups & other issues)
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    My hotsync is getting stuck on Media...

Ive run dbscan and it still hangs.

Any thoughts?
    I am having the same problem. Hot Sync manager on the desktop shows Syncronizing Media, while the Treo shows Syncronizing Memos. Seems to be stuck in an infinite loop.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    I am having the same problem. Hot Sync manager on the desktop shows Syncronizing Media, while the Treo shows Syncronizing Memos. Seems to be stuck in an infinite loop.

Any suggestions?

How long did you leave it for? Try doing one of those overnight. The media used to take forever when I would wait a while between hotsyncing or have large video files.
    believe it or not it was an issue with backupbuddy. I uninstalled it from my handheld completely (memory card too) and did a clean reinstall.

voila syncs perfectly now.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I just spent several hours with Palm paid support to solve my problem syncing my 755P. The real issue was outlook.

I had the following behavior.
    - Sync worked fine for everything but Calendar and contacts.
    - The Sync log had several OERR errors. They indicate the issue is with Outlook, not Palm or Hotsync.
    - Hotsync/Custom would reset Calendar & Contact to Do Not Sync regardless of what it was changed to at the beginning of the Sync.

With the support analysts assistance, we did the following
    - deleted & recreated the User. This cleared up the Contacts problem but not the calendar.
    - Ran Outlook Detect & Repair. It took a while and did fix some stuff.
    - Checked to be sure there were no more than 15 categories with no sub-categories
    - Deleted Recurring appointments that had no end dates
    - Deleted all Appointments that span across midnight.
    This cleared up my problem that I had been dealing with for three weeks.

I hope it helps
    Jeff
    ran prcbscan.prcd but recived following message "could not be opened-associated helper program does not exist-change association in preferences." need help
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    How do you run Outlook detect and repair?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey.williams View Post
    I just spent several hours with Palm paid support to solve my problem syncing my 755P. The real issue was outlook.

I had the following behavior.
    - Sync worked fine for everything but Calendar and contacts.
    - The Sync log had several OERR errors. They indicate the issue is with Outlook, not Palm or Hotsync.
    - Hotsync/Custom would reset Calendar & Contact to Do Not Sync regardless of what it was changed to at the beginning of the Sync.

With the support analysts assistance, we did the following
    - deleted & recreated the User. This cleared up the Contacts problem but not the calendar.
    - Ran Outlook Detect & Repair. It took a while and did fix some stuff.
    - Checked to be sure there were no more than 15 categories with no sub-categories
    - Deleted Recurring appointments that had no end dates
    - Deleted all Appointments that span across midnight.
    This cleared up my problem that I had been dealing with for three weeks.

I hope it helps
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by estroh View Post
    How do you run Outlook detect and repair?
    It's in the "Help" drop down menu at the top of the screen.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I cant seem to be able to run the db scan. what should i do?
    1. Install dbScan (attached)
    2. Launch it and choose "Other"
    3. From the menu, choose Options/"Remove All Deleted Records"
    4. Do this for both the PalmSource and PalmOne databases
    5. Change the action of the desktop conduits (for those PIMs that had records removed) to "Handheld overwrites desktop"
    6. Hotsync

I have a 680 treo and installed this program and tried to run it. This prog. is shutting down my treo and then restarting it backup. Is this program for a treo 680 or is there something I'm doing wrong.
    The application to try is DBFixit - it does take care of PIM problems, though on occasion a reset may occur while it does its thing.

DBFixit does work on the 680 - the problem is with your PIM.

Ben
    SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!

I have an unlocked Treo 680. I recently got a new job which has provided me with a laptop, so I now use both this new laptop and my home desktop computer. My company provided me with GoodLink so that I can use Outlook 2007 to manage my appts, email, etc. However, I would still like to use Palm Desktop to manage my personal projects and contacts.

I recently downloaded the Treo680 software upgrade, and I also downloaded the upgraded Desktop 6.2.2.

My problem is that I am only able to complete a sync on my Home PC. Each time I try to sync my laptop - using Desktop 6.2.2, the sync processes gets stuck. AND CURIOUSLY - the sync operation is trying to sync at least two iterations each of Addresses, Tasks, etc. I end up having to do exit the system, using Cntl+Alt+Del, and then exiting thru TaskManager.

I was wondering if downloading Intellisync might help - but I'm concerned that Intellisync might conflict with GoodLink!!

Hellp!! Anyone!!

Thanks and Blessings,
    AlcheMiss
    Same thing happened to me when I updated my desktop. I know of two solutions. First, go into the Hotsync icon on your desktop to settings > Applications> and then uncheck calendar and datebook. Attempt to Hotsync. If it runs through all the way, then go back in and make sure that calendar and Datebook are now checked and try syncing again. Sometimes this is all that is needed. If that doesn't work, download a trial of TealScan and scan for any PIM problems. If any show up, hit "Info" and then correct them. DBFixit will also do this, but you have to pay for the app to fix anything.
    I have a complicated problem. I have 2 machines that I sync to. My laptop (unit #1) is my main syncing machine, but I have a desktop at home (unit #2) that I sync everything to as well. Last week everything was wonderful.

Unit #2 has quicken on it, so I bought pocket quicken for my Treo 680. I loaded it on unit #2 and synced it and everything was great. Unfortunately, that has somehow affected my sync on unit #1, because I get an error:

Backup synchronization failed

HotSync Error: Connection is lost (6410)

It happens while it is backing up pocket quicken. Also, after I get this error, I am unable to attempt a sync with unit #1 until I restart. It says the port is in use by another app.

I have tried several things to fix it. I thought I was getting this error because the treo was trying to sync Quicken to a machine that didn't have Quicken, so I have unchecked pocket quicken on the treo when I sync to unit # 1, I have tried installing PQ on unit #1 so I could set the conduit setting to "do nothing", but both of these tries have not helped. In the log, it shows that Pocket Quicken is set to "Do Nothing", and it shows "OK", but the error comes at the end of the sync, during the backup.

Syncs on unit #2 (the unit that has Quicken), have been going great...until today. Today I synced it and it told me that my calendar could not sync because I did not have enough memory on the desktop. It suggested deleting some of my entries.

Are these two issues related?

EDITED TO ADD:

I used to have an older version of Pocket Quicken and a m500 and never had any problems. The only difference with that setup and what I have now is I believe my m500 looked to unit #2 as the main PC. My Treo is using unit #1 as the main PC. Could the problem be the main PC has to be the one with Quicken on it?

Thanks
    Last edited by whitenack; 04/24/2008 at 07:43 AM.
    UPDATE:

Still had the problem, and the error seemed to be generating during the backup process. I had set the conduit to "do nothing" on the pocket quicken sync, and it was doing that just fine, but during the backup process at the end of the sync it was trying to backup the quicken transactions which was causing the backup.

I changed the backup in the conduit settings to "do nothing" and that seems to have solved the problem.

Is this going to be a good fix? Is not doing the backup ok? I still ought to be able to sync the backup on unit #2.

This, however, doesn't fix the other problem of the calendar not syncing due to a lack of memory on unit #2. I loaded dbscan and found a corrupt calendar file, so I deleted that and will see if that takes care of that problem.
    To the kind individual that posted the dbscan software: thank you!!! It fixed a Hotsync problem that I have been having with Tasks on my Treo 680 that I have been experiencing ever since I upgraded to Hotsync Manager 7.0.2. Again, many thanks
    I was having the same crap happen to me on my new Centro/Vista laptop combine. Looks like it was neither. A shame that Palm's software can't do the same. Thanks again.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    I was having the same crap happen to me on my new Centro/Vista laptop combine. Looks like it was neither. A shame that Palm's software can't do the same. Thanks again.
    Yo BOB! sorry about the frustration. It is good to see you back though.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Good to hear from you too Cigarman. I was able to use this program to also clear out my fiance's 700p. It is now hotsyncing with her Vista laptop for the first time ever. I guess the 700p and Vista are both off the hook for this particular problem.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    I recently moved to a Sprint Centro from a 700p.
    The install process through out dbscan as incompatible.
    Is there a dbscan version that works on the Centro and if so where can I get it?

There version I was using on the 700p was 1.9c

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast