1.    #1  
    After working fine for a long time, I am suddenly getting the following message every time I press the HotSync button on my cradle: "USB Device Not Recognized. One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows doesn't recognize it." I've tried everything listed on Palm's troubleshooting list, including reinstalling the Palm Desktop, but nothing helps. Does anyone here have a fix?
    Regards,

Robert
    Quote Originally Posted by rbienstock
    After working fine for a long time, I am suddenly getting the following message every time I press the HotSync button on my cradle: "USB Device Not Recognized. One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows doesn't recognize it." I've tried everything listed on Palm's troubleshooting list, including reinstalling the Palm Desktop, but nothing helps. Does anyone here have a fix?

This problem has been covered here already...Search?

Clean the connection strip on the bottom of the Treo where your sync cable connects. You can use a Q tip and a little alcohol or a wooden tooth pick. My Favorite method is the tooth pick.

Chuck
    Just incase anyone would like to know I was able to get my treo to sync again by cleaning the contacts.
    Thanks chckbrt