Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I sprayed my battery cover with Plasti Dip clear spray that I bought at my local Ace Hardware. It is a thin coating of a slighly texutred plastic that is sprayed on like spray paint. It give just enough texture to make the Treo feel more secure in my hand. It adds no bulk so it fits my case as before. It also does not pull my pocket lining inside out when I pull it out of my pocket. I've had it on for about 5 days now and see no sign the material is pealing off. I was worried that might happen.

I have an old, non-functioning 600 that I used as a test. I spayed the coating on the back and then slid it in and out of my iPod case that I use a pouch sometime. That case is tight, but it did not seem to peel the coating off. After a few days I tried to take the coating off on purpose to see it damaged the surface. Once I got a cornor to come off, the whole coating skin peeled off easily in one piece. It caused no damage to the Treo at all.

I tried to photograph the Treo with the coating on, but it really does not show in the photo. It really is clear with just a slightly milky appearence caused by the texture. There is no color change really.
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip!
    It sounds like a good idea. If you didn't like the coating, Im assuming that you can't take it off very easily?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

4.    #4  
    You just have to get a cornor to start peeling and then the plastic skin just pulls off. Whatever residue is left can be cleaned with alcohol. I have done the proceedure twice now on my sacrificil 600 and it left no residue at all.
    cool idea, I imagine with a little taping off, you could make some kind of cool grip design on the back. Thanks for the tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatan
    You just have to get a cornor to start peeling and then the plastic skin just pulls off. Whatever residue is left can be cleaned with alcohol. I have done the proceedure twice now on my sacrificil 600 and it left no residue at all.
    Then it sounds like a great idea...could you post a pic or two when you get a chance?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

As a less messy alternative, I have the egrips custom cut grippy stuff made by egrips. I love it. It is amazingly grippy. I can leave my treo on the dash of the car while driving, hold it vertically on an open hand, set it on my lap while sitting, and it doesn't move an inch.

www.egrips.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ombra
    As a less messy alternative, I have the egrips custom cut grippy stuff made by egrips. I love it. It is amazingly grippy. I can leave my treo on the dash of the car while driving, hold it vertically on an open hand, set it on my lap while sitting, and it doesn't move an inch.

www.egrips.com
    I think they are great too. But, I can't keep a set on for more than a month or so.
    I like Egrips a lot too but recently stopped using them. It's just to hard getting my Treo in and out of my Pro Clip mount and my OEM cradle with them on.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I just placed it on the pavement and twisted my foot onto it until the pebbles gave it a nice patina, like a myriad scratches...that new texture does not let it slip off. Now it does not look great, but the fine and coarse scratches keep it firmly on my hand. I hated the beautiful shiny finish of the product. I am much happier with the new scratches and the safe feeling that nothing will disfigure my 650.
  11.    #11  
    There ought to be a SPCT (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Treos) to deal with preople like you.
    I use egrips as well. Some last a long time while others start to peel after a short time due to the way I put it in my pouch case. I trim the peeling ones slightly & they work fine.
    I'm very pleased.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatan
    I sprayed my battery cover with Plasti Dip clear spray that I bought at my local Ace Hardware. It is a thin coating of a slighly texutred plastic that is sprayed on like spray paint. It give just enough texture to make the Treo feel more secure in my hand. It adds no bulk so it fits my case as before. It also does not pull my pocket lining inside out when I pull it out of my pocket. I've had it on for about 5 days now and see no sign the material is pealing off. I was worried that might happen.

I have an old, non-functioning 600 that I used as a test. I spayed the coating on the back and then slid it in and out of my iPod case that I use a pouch sometime. That case is tight, but it did not seem to peel the coating off. After a few days I tried to take the coating off on purpose to see it damaged the surface. Once I got a cornor to come off, the whole coating skin peeled off easily in one piece. It caused no damage to the Treo at all.

I tried to photograph the Treo with the coating on, but it really does not show in the photo. It really is clear with just a slightly milky appearence caused by the texture. There is no color change really.
    THANKS -- just what I was looking for. Now, if only I can get it to work on the handle -- the antenna -- by which I pull it out of my pocket.
    I have never found my 650 to be slippery. You guys must have oily hands
    My 650 is not slippery enough. In fact, the other day I saw it stuck to my co-workers skirt as she walked over to the copier. I snuck over to try and get it off without her noticing, but it was stuck on pretty good. As I wrestled with it, she turned around quickly and jumped back. Next thing you know, I'm standing there holding my 650 with a skirt hanging off of it, and shes up against the copier with no skirt on! It's a damn good thing we work in a brothel...
    i'm using a silicon case on my treo, which makes it pretty damn sticky.

In fact its so sticky that if the phone is in my pocket and its ringing, its going to voice mail. There is no way I'm getting the phone out of my pocket in time to answer the call.
    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Sprint TP-3000 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650
    I only use my Treo in its cradle or lying down on any flat surface. Phonecalls go to speakerphone, so I don't have to hold it in my hand and therefore it can't slip out of my hand

But the grinding trick might be worth a try too!
    Yes the silicone skin is nice..been using it for a few months. Turn car as hard as you like and the phone is still stuck to the dash/console, etc.
    has anyone tried painting on the plasti-dip or spraying it on the keyboard, i really whish the keypads were rubber rather then the hard plastic feel.. i can type real fast with my flexi palm oem skin on device,,, but i just dont like the skin on the whole device... pain getting it in and out of things, i have the treo 755 anyway which comes with a grippy feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    has anyone tried painting on the plasti-dip or spraying it on the keyboard, i really whish the keypads were rubber rather then the hard plastic feel.. i can type real fast with my flexi palm oem skin on device,,, but i just dont like the skin on the whole device... pain getting it in and out of things, i have the treo 755 anyway which comes with a grippy feeling
    That sounds like a great idea, if you don't plan on using the keyboard ever again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast