1.    #1  
    i still have the real player that came with the 650 but wanted to change to pocket tunes. i installed it but can't seem to get sound. real player works fine. when i bring up pocket tunes i can see it's found the songs and is playing them...just no sound. anybody know what to do...

thanks

alan siegel
    novemberfilms@msn.com
    flip that little mute switch on the top of your 650 ...

Seriously though, I have no idea. Mine worked fine. Try a different version.. Do other players like TCPMP work?
  3.    #3  
    i don't know what tcpmp is, but the real player works fine. do i need to uninstall it? or should both work...

the mute switch is not the problem...i wish it were

alan
    Both should work. Try to install it again. Also, make sure you go through all the settings.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  5.    #5  
    like an *****, i stopped checking whether it played after two songs didn't play. when after going around and around on this with a tech from ptunes, who was also stumped, i skipped ahead one more song and...what a beautiful sound. somehow just by coincidence two songs in formats that would not play came up 1st and 2nd and i never bothered to go any further. old age, i guess. i love ptunes...

thanks to all