I've got Task items for work (coming from Outlook) and Task items for home on my Treo 650. Ideally, I don't need all of the work items on my Treo -- is there a way to filter what gets copied over (say, by category)?
    Launch Palm Desktop, go to hotsync>custom select your catagory and change to "do nothing"

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

That will let me turn off syncing all tasks, or all calendar items -- is there a way to say "don't sync Business Tasks" (for example)?
    Not Sure. Sorry.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

I would like to know this too. I have had many Palms over the years and they have had different synching conduit software. One of them, that came with my old Palm V, if I recall, allowed me to choose exactly what to synch...as opposed to whole categories. I really missed that when I moved ot the Clie. I'm more interested with blocking in the other direction. I don't really want my home contacts, appointments and task list to be uploaded to my work computer. Might be real embarrassing to have that "update resume for job interview" sitting in my Outlook task list.

If I recall there were two distinct conduits sold with Palms. One was Pocket Mirror the other Intellisynch. If I recall Pocket Mirror was the one that allowed more options (in its "lite" version.) With both of them you can buy a more powerful version from the manufacturer which would probably have all the features you need.
    Last edited by Disaster; 08/15/2005 at 11:35 AM.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    i use companion link. I believe with some fiddling it will allow you to do what you want. But it costs a good amount, so it's no free solution.

I use it with ACT instead of outlook, and it allows me to pick witch ACT! groups to synch and which to ignore. Also I think you can synch between differnt databases if you so choose with differnt rules for each. So you might be able have a work databased where everything is synched and then a personal database where only phone neumbers get synched as an example.

With ACT! it's a lifesaver, allows me to synch about every feild in act to the 650.