1.    #1  
    I used Explorer to launch an application (clicked on the application keycaps600 in the right pane of the Explorer).

Now, the Home button will no longer cycle through the categories. I am using the standard Treo 650 launcher, Applications. A soft reset does not help.

How do I fix this?

The Explorer is installed on the SD card.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  2.    #2  
    This is wierd.. It seemes to have fixed itself.

I ran pTunes, putzed around a bit, and now the Home button cycles through categories just fine...

Puzzled.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I noticed that as well. If you launch something within explorer and hit the home button, it takes you back to explorer rather than your apps launcher. If you hit home again (second time) it should take you back to the apps launcher (at least for me it takes me back to zLauncher)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  4.    #4  
    In my case, pressing Home key any number of times displays just one category (All).

To fix the problem, run Explorer again and quit with the Home button. Now the Home button cycles categories correctly.

This may have to do with Explorer being installed on the SD card.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Thanks for tipping me off about Explorer. This problem has been driving me nuts for weeks. Out of no where I can't cycle with the home button. I would fix it by reinstalling the saved preferences from backup.

When I read this thread I went to UninstallManager and deleted the preferences for Explorer and it solved the problem.
  6.    #6  
    Resco has a BBS where Jan responds to questions promptly. Worth a look when having any questions about their products:

http://www.resco.net/forums/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=4
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Thanks, if the problem comes back I'll check it out.
    Ever notice that Uninstall Manager, once Explorer is installed, starts attributing all sorts of saved preferences to Explorer rather than the apps that installed them in the first place?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  9.    #9  
    I'm beginning to have doubts about UM. I once had UM delete more than it should have when deleting some application, (I forget which one).

Once you know how to look up Creator ID's, it is easy enough to delete files (and even records in Saved Pref., if you so desire) using Explorer and FileZ.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Ever notice that Uninstall Manager, once Explorer is installed, starts attributing all sorts of saved preferences to Explorer rather than the apps that installed them in the first place?
    I'm not sure, when I deleted the saved and unsaved preferences I noticed that some said IMG as if they related to an image. There were about 6 related preference files all together. I thought that was a lot.