Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Hello

I'm running TomTom Navigator v5 on my Treo650.

It's not possible in the new versions to navigate to coordinates as far as I know. Nor is it possible to see coordinates for a position on the map unless you have a GPS fix for that particulart location.

The PPC world has an app to compensate this. It's called OS GPS Convertor (http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/bar...osgps_main.htm) - and it's freeware
    Maybe there are other apps as well.

This app lets you:
    - input the gps location and use it to navigate to this location
    - see the gps coordinates of a map position you have marked out
    - convert from one coordinate system to another

As I understand it this application is in a way integrated with ie TomTom. I suppose this is to pick up coordinates for a selected location in the TomTom map, and vica verca...

Have we got something like this for Palm?
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    No one...?

How do you TomTom Nav5 users manage to read and navigate to coordinates?
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    You CAN get coordinates of your current location. It's under gps status. With a gps signal, go to Change Preferences page 3 of 5 and select "Show GPS status".
    It will give you the current coordinates. I have not figured out how to navigate to specific coordinates yet, but really haven't had a reason to because I can usually find an address or intersection that will work.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    I'm aware of theis possibility to get coordinates when GPS position is fixed...
    ....but I'm still wondering how to get the coordinates without a fix (for reference, navigation in other applications as ie cotoGPS....)
    JoranG