Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1. jjquin's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
       #1  
    I've had my Treo 650 for three weeks now and I have found the best solution (for me!) to protect it. I previousely had a Treo 270 and although the case worked well I had for it (the Handspring leather case with a belt clip similar to what you see on a bicycle helmet chin strap), I've dropped it a few times and had to replace it, usually it was the flip top that broke so I was happy to see the 650 did not have one!

    My Needs

    1. Skin to give the Treo some protection in case its dropped.
    2. Case that will fit skinned Treo
    3. Carry the Treo close to my body.
    4. No belt clip. I've had these with old cell phones and they come off to easily.
    5. Access to headphone jack.

    I spent a lot of time reading the reviews and forums here before making my decision, even before I got my Treo. I finally decided on the JavoSkin and the E&B Copilot case.

    Advantages.

    1. No problems using the keyboard or hard buttons with it on.
    2. After about a week the E&B Case stretched enough to fit the skinned Treo. Its still snug which I like!
    3. Belt loop instead of clip. Takes a little longer to put on but when the Treos out of the case I dont feel it at all.
    4. Strong but easy to use magnetic button to hold flap closed.

    Disadvantages.

    1. JavoSkin prevents Treo from sitting in the palmOne Dock. I just use it to charge my second battery.
    2. The Treo can only go into the case with the screen facing you since the openings for the antenna and headset jack are on top. I personally think this protects the screen better, but it means I have to wear the case on the left side or the antenna sticks out the back and gets in the way of my seatbelt in the car.
    3. JavoSkin can be a pain to get on and off to replace battery or reset. I've only had to do this a few times on heavy use days.
    4. Easily press buttons while inserting and removing the Treo from the E&B case. The standard keyguard and Treoguard are a must!

    My next purchase will be a screen protector. I've got the palmOne on right now but I can see it won't last.

    I'm curious the best solutions others have found and WHY the worked for them.
    JayJ
    -----
    PalmPilot Pro ->
    Palm III ->
    Treo 270 ->
    Treo 650 ->
    Treo 755p ->
    Palm Pre Plus
  2. #2  
    I carry the T600 either in my pants pocket or occasionally in my shirt pocket so the generic, somewhat padded nylon slipcase has saved the Treo more than once.


    http://www.techwarelabs.com/reviews/...mages/case.jpg
  3. #3  
    Why not go caseless?? I am the testament to the durability of the 650...I used to claim I've dropped this phone over 10 (maybe even 15 times), but that number has definitely crossed the 20 mark. Half of those 20 or more have been drops from just above the waist-line.

    I'm never going to use a case unless it's a magnesium-open case. And I'd use eGrips if they didn't peel off too easily.....

    So, I'm left with continuing to scratch it up some more.
  4. #4  
    I'm still using a Belkin leather pouch that I bought for my Treo 300. Works great and it's a good fit with the egrips'
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Why not go caseless?? I am the testament to the durability of the 650...I used to claim I've dropped this phone over 10 (maybe even 15 times), but that number has definitely crossed the 20 mark. Half of those 20 or more have been drops from just above the waist-line.

    I'm never going to use a case unless it's a magnesium-open case. And I'd use eGrips if they didn't peel off too easily.....

    So, I'm left with continuing to scratch it up some more.
    I'm in the same boat as you. The Treo has really held up good, except for one major chip, where the Treo got in a fight with a moving door and the moving door won, and it has a large chip in one of the corners.

    Rock
    Sprint Treo 650

    <a href="http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&amp;id=104925&amp;t=59"><img border="0" alt="Get Firefox!" title="Get Firefox!" src="http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affiliates/Buttons/180x60/safer.gif"/></a>
  6. #6  
    Has anyone tried the Seidio Leather Case especially designed for a Treo enclosed in a skin case? :confused:
  7. #7  

    http://www.military-girls.com/images...o/soviet19.jpg

    I protect mine with something like what she's carrying.

    Oh, and I have the brown leather Codi case coming in the mail, too.
    Last edited by Bill Gamble; 09/03/2005 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Inline pic larger than 500 x 400
  8. #8  
    I've been very happy with the Kreussel leather case, very slim. I got the one with the screen cut out but next time would buy the full front cover and cut it away myself so the sides of the screen would be protected. Slap on a screen protector and this thing is pretty durable fighting change or whatever in your pocket. I also cut off the back adapter which can hold a belt clip, I never wear it on the belt so it cut down the profile a lot.
  9. #9  
    I want to report that there is one less option for housing a skinned Treo (e.g., with a JavoSkin) - the Smartphone Experts P6 pouch case. Even though one vendors of this product told me that it would fit, though somewhat snugly, I found that no matter how hard I pushed on the skinned Treo I couldn't get it in far enough to allow the flap to even remotely snap shut . It also appeared that repeated attempts to put the Treo into the case and then remove it probably would have caused the JavoSkin to rip apart pretty soon.

    Any thoughts about a similar case (horizontal and with standard spring metal belt clip like the P6) that might work?

    Thanks!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by RockMancuso
    I'm in the same boat as you. The Treo has really held up good, except for one major chip, where the Treo got in a fight with a moving door and the moving door won, and it has a large chip in one of the corners.
    Evidently a pair of well-insured Treos ... mine doesn't leave the house unless it's in its case (OEM leather atm, skin coming soon) ... had too many phones not bounce so well on the footpath before ...
    --
    j.
    Motorola 1100 (Beige!) -> Nokia 1610 -> Nokia 2110i -> Ericsson GH688 (x3) -> Motorola StarTac Xe (x4) -> Motorola ? (some old CDMA brick) -> Ericsson T28 (+ Palm V) -> Ericsson T10 (+ Palm V) -> Nokia 6210 (+ Palm Vx) -> Sony Ericsson T610 (+ Palm Vx) -> Pa1mOne Treo 650
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by iragold
    Has anyone tried the Seidio Leather Case especially designed for a Treo enclosed in a skin case?
    I use it and it works for me. Skinned Treo fits without a problem.
    David
  12. #12  
    if u go caseless check out this site http://www.mytego.com/
  13. #13  
    I go caseless if its in my pocket and I use the krusell if it needs to be on my waist.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  14. #14  
    I use the Krussel with full frontal protection. I like it, but I hardly ever use the stylist. If you use the stylist, then I don't think that you'd like this particular case.
  15. DocGo's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    #15  
    Snagga, thanks for posting that site. I just made a "skin" for my Treo 650. That site is cool.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by MediaMgl
    I use the Krussel with full frontal protection. I like it, but I hardly ever use the stylist. If you use the stylist, then I don't think that you'd like this particular case.

    I don't go to the stylist either, Supercuts is good enough for me


    just couldn't let that one go by...
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Snagga
    if u go caseless check out this site http://www.mytego.com/
    I'm 100% caseless, never dropped it and it isnt even scratched yet.... I'm sure I wont be able to say that forever, but we'll see. If I do, this tego stuff looks pretty good. Anyone ever used it?
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
  18. TreoBoss's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    I'm 100% caseless, never dropped it and it isnt even scratched yet.... I'm sure I wont be able to say that forever, but we'll see. If I do, this tego stuff looks pretty good. Anyone ever used it?
    Yea, you'll drop it one day, trust me... always happens sooner or later! Just make sure you have coverage.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoBoss
    Yea, you'll drop it one day, trust me... always happens sooner or later! Just make sure you have coverage.
    I put it on my "Personal Articles" policy at State Farm. $20/year covers it with no deductible. Not sure how long a replacement would take, but I could chuck it against a wall and get it replaced at any time. Its kinda tempting sometimes.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGo
    Snagga, thanks for posting that site. I just made a "skin" for my Treo 650. That site is cool.
    Looking forward to your review! Curious how much protection it offers, being sort of a cross between an e-grip and a skin.. It sure is a fun idea for a case - I like the customizing aspect.

    BH
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions