1.    #1  
    Well I just switched! Got rid of my BB 7250 and picked up the 650 and all I can say is I love it so far. The only thing I haven't done yet is set up Chattermail and if that works as good as its supposed to this will be perfect. I really need the push email so I am going to set it up first thing tomorrow when I get to work.

Just wanted to know if anyone is using chattermail and if they are forwarding there email to an IMAP mail site and if so which one is the best. I want true push email with a specifice reply to address so it will be invisable that I am sending the email from my 650.
    I think you'll find most people use and like Fastmail.
    Quote Originally Posted by agflyboyaf
    I think you'll find most people use and like Fastmail.
    Where do you get this from?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/po...lts&pollid=943

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=89210
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mlorigo
    Well I just switched! Got rid of my BB 7250 and picked up the 650 and all I can say is I love it so far. The only thing I haven't done yet is set up Chattermail and if that works as good as its supposed to this will be perfect. I really need the push email so I am going to set it up first thing tomorrow when I get to work.

Just wanted to know if anyone is using chattermail and if they are forwarding there email to an IMAP mail site and if so which one is the best. I want true push email with a specifice reply to address so it will be invisable that I am sending the email from my 650.
    Yes I forward three mail accounts: Home Cable ISP Mail, Sprint PCS Mail, and Work Mail to a Fastmail account. Then on Fastmail: I created three subfolders of the Inbox and “defined roles” to separate mail from the three forward accounts into their subfolders. I set up Chatter with the three subfolder mailboxes and all three accounts are pushed to my Treo.

Our company uses the BB server and if some sends a message to address to my boss and me my Treo beeps before my boss's BB. A better solution for me would have been not forward my work but have Chatter logon into our work server, but there is a firewall in the way and I could not get the network to make changes need for me to access mail server directly.

Fastmail accounts come in four flavors and I picked the “Full” flavor not because I need the space but it filters out Spam effectively and I did not want to fill up my Treo with spam. And if you pay for data transferred you surly do not want to pay for Spam.
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Where do you get this from?
    He gets it from those same polls...

Fastmail's a mail server, it's not a mail user agent....like Chatter. Completely different things.

As you can see from those polls, Chatter's usually the way to go. I get too much battery drain from it right now, tho. But if you really want push email, Chatter's your only option and it's definitely better than what BB offers.

The only 2 free mail servers I know of that support IMAP idle are fastmail.fm and aim.com .
    I use the 19.95/year fusemail account and LOVE it!!
    I still am "trying" fusemail but plan to pay $20/year. It is awesome with Chattermail.
    I don't think you need to pay to get IMAP support with fastmail.....unless you're using A LOTTA space/bandwidth. You can use any other free SMTP server to avoid paying recurring fees.

But, AIM seems to be whooping **** in this area anyway.

Has anybody had any problems with the AIM accounts???
  9.    #10  
    Well....I am completely happy I just set up chatter mail with my fastmail account and it works awesome. I would even go as far as saying I think it works better then my BB push email.
    mlorigo, welcome to the forums!!!

You will find more information about email in the "Communications" forum.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.