1.    #1  
    I have been having a problem with my phone crashing sporadically even since the 1.12 update. I realize that it is probably a NVFS system issue but was wondering if anyone else has gotten a error like this:

MemoryMgr.c,Line:2818, MemMove to Null

I think I have a fairly stable setup using Resco Locker to lock all the hede apps from palminternals but everytime I have a reset I get this error and a random application that the phone was parked in. If anybody has any ideas or suggestions they would be appreciated. Huh?
    how about listing some of the apps you use?
  3.    #3  
    Sorry if I appeared to be "polluting" but I have done searches everywhere I can think of and no one seems to be able to have a consistent answer besides it being a prob with the nvfs file system :-(

I have the following apps installed in RAM:
    Butler 3.18
    Chatter
    DateBk5
    Docs to Go (Moved to card with Dataviz Tech Tool)
    IBM Java
    KeyCaps (doomsey)
    Lexspell
    lightwav
    opera hi-res
    profilecare 3.02
    ptune 3.1.1
    pxa clocker
    Resco Locker 1.04
    snapcalc
    splashmoney
    uninstall manager and cleanup
    volumecare 3.21

Thanks for the help
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Have you tried a hard rest with none of these installed? does it run ok? if it does, then it is a conflict with one or more of your programs.
    This seems to be the standard advise on this forum and go from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulg1981
    I have been having a problem with my phone crashing sporadically even since the 1.12 update. I realize that it is probably a NVFS system issue but was wondering if anyone else has gotten a error like this:

I think I have a fairly stable setup using Resco Locker to lock all the hede apps from palminternals but everytime I have a reset I get this error and a random application that the phone was parked in. If anybody has any ideas or suggestions they would be appreciated. Huh?
    Your problem may stem from the use of Resco Locker. I would try to disable this app and see if this problem disappears.

Jeff
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Your problem may stem from the use of Resco Locker. I would try to disable this app and see if this problem disappears.

Jeff

Hmm That would be ironic justice wouldn't it!

Jeff can you tell me what a memmove to null error is? Is it a dbcache problem? Do i have too many apps locked in rlock. Your thoughts would be very helpful as a skilled palm programmer. Thanks so much...

(PS Profilecare is one of my favs for a while now!)
    Hmm That would be ironic justice wouldn't it!

Jeff can you tell me what a memmove to null error is? Is it a dbcache problem? Do i have too many apps locked in rlock. Your thoughts would be very helpful as a skilled palm programmer. Thanks so much...

(PS Profilecare is one of my favs for a while now!)
    Well I have never seen that error but it is telling me that an application tried to copy memory to a zero address. It is nearly impossible to tell any more from that message. But since you have manually locked things in memory that maybe should not have been locked, could lead to thin kind of error. There are many things a 3rd party developer may do in their code that will break if you manually try to change a program's operating environment. That is why I think people are playing with fire when then patch programs, lock things in memory, etc.... The Palm platform is so fragile that any disruption can cause things to fail in very unpredictable ways. If you are an hobbist, then play with all of these fun things. If you want a stable Treo, stay away from these kinds of solutions. That of course is my personal opinion......

Jeff
    Actually have been having resets when I started using R-Lock. Major problem was when someone would I would get a reset. I have then removed r-lock and have not gotten a reset in 4 days.. Hope r-lock was the problem..

I didn't get a error message but my resets stopped after going back to Butler 3.0 from 3.17.
    I got this error this morning when my Butler (3.27) alarm went off, so I'd attribute this one to Butler.

Above the error, it said "A reset was caused....while running "Contacts". I assume that this was the screen on when the alarm triggered. I'm not sure if the error only occurs when in this view, or if it happens regardless.
    Upgrade to 3.28 and that'll fix it. There was a memory leak which was completely closed in 3.28 and I've never gotten the message since. (5+ weeks now).