1.    #1  
    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/14/au...es/14BLUE.html

"Under certain circumstances, outsiders can eavesdrop on conversations among you and your passengers if your car has a built-in Bluetooth telephone link." ....
    "At a recent computer security convention in the Netherlands, a group of European wireless-security experts called the Trifinite Group demonstrated a system that lets a laptop user listen to conversations in passing cars with Bluetooth setups.

The system, which Trifinite calls the Car Whisperer, also lets the user talk to people in these cars. While that could be used to deliver compliments to a fellow motorist ("Nice ride!"), it would also be possible to insult the driver or make a lewd proposition."

"Using a laptop computer with a Bluetooth transmitter and a software program (available at www.trifinite.org) that runs under the Linux operating system, the Car Whisperer has a range of 300 feet, some 10 times that of Bluetooth hands-free systems. The range can be extended to nearly a mile by adding a directional antenna." ...
    "Many manufacturers' codes are just four digits long and consist solely of numerals. Such passcodes have only 10,000 potential values and can be cracked relatively quickly. Worse, some manufacturers use a single passcode, like 1234 or 0000, over and over."
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    <snip> ...it would also be possible to insult the driver... <snip>

I'm still waiting for a forward pointing, car mounted dilithium crystal powered ultra high energy electronic laser pulse cannon.

This device should give the user a higher satisfaction feedback ratio than one gets from showing obnoxious drivers your middle finger...
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    hell, yeah, big_OTR_fan, I'd be ALL OVER that baby! during my morning commutes, there'd be no better car accessory than that which you've just described! lol.
    add to cart and check me out - it'd be a done deal.
    I gotta have more cowbell
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    [/color][/size][/size]

I'm still waiting for a forward pointing, car mounted dilithium crystal powered ultra high energy electronic laser pulse cannon.
    This kinda sounds like The Alludium Q36 Explosive Space Modulator.

http://www.melaman2.com/cartoons/loo.../marvin-09.jpg