Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    In summary, the ways to transfer a WAV to be used as a ringtone are:

- BT from PC
    - IR from laptop
    - BT or IR from a Nokia phone
    - Email it to your phone

I think another option is copying the WAV to your SD card, then using a file manager to transfer it to RAM. Haven't tried it yet though.
    Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Tungsten T|3 > Unlocked Cingular Treo 650 on T-Mo

Favorite Apps: zLauncher (To run apps from SD card), Butler (MUST HAVE), Pocket Quicken, TCPMP, Profiles (Smarter than the Silent Mode switch on the top), MiniTones (to assign Mp3 Ringtones), SplashID, pTunes, VoicePad & NotePad (from a Lifedrive), HS Extension 2.0 Hack, TreoNaviText.
    Quote Originally Posted by robotron
    Used MS Sound Recorder - open 2.5MB WAV, FIle, select Properties, COnvert Now, select format with 8 bit mono, 11 KHz and size went to 160K. Bluetooth over to Treo and bingo.
    Good idea. It really cuts it down with those settings but it sounds terrible. I'm going to check out some of the other settings and see what I can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo305
    I think another option is copying the WAV to your SD card, then using a file manager to transfer it to RAM. Haven't tried it yet though.
    This doesn't work. I just checked, the WAV file does not even show up in the options to copy.
    Last edited by Zeitgeist; 05/13/2006 at 06:08 AM.
    [QUOTE=Zeitgeist]Good idea. It really cuts it down with those settings but it sounds terrible. I'm going to check out some of the other settings and see what I can come up with.

Mine sounds OK at 8 bit, 11K. about 500k for 15 seconds and it has to be in memory so I only use a few - some GnR and Alice Cooper I wanted to attach them but the attachment interface will not let me attach zips of the WAVs. Nor will it let me when I rename the zip to .txt or .jpg. The upload button resuts in a Page not Found. I then renamed the wavs you see here and it worked for those files. Maybe the zip was too big - 1.3MB.

Anyhow see if you like how these sound. I like em.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    How do i make a wav file on my sd card as my ringtone???
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123