Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why the phone wouldn't wake from sleep, but I realized today at the beach (no, very careful with a waterproof dry bag) that the phone would not wake up as soon as I placed it in the Vaja case. Could it really be this sensitive? Without it, it wakes up fine. Every time. Does this have anything to do with the Cingular SIM tray issue?

SIGH.

Third Treo.

Is there any way to go Sony Ericsson, non-Palm, simple phone with Cingular any more, or am I stuck with the warranty exchange thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why the phone wouldn't wake from sleep, but I realized today at the beach (no, very careful with a waterproof dry bag) that the phone would not wake up as soon as I placed it in the Vaja case. Could it really be this sensitive? Without it, it wakes up fine. Every time. Does this have anything to do with the Cingular SIM tray issue?

SIGH.

Third Treo.

Is there any way to go Sony Ericsson, non-Palm, simple phone with Cingular any more, or am I stuck with the warranty exchange thing?
    My buddy & I have used a VAJA on our 650's for 6 months & on our 600's for over a year... The case is not your problem.
    My guess is your 650 may be reacting to interference due to Gadget Overload (too much wireless traffic, radios, blue tooths, etc.) or the influence of credit card mag. strips...
    The Cingular SIM gig was pointless in my trial & error hunt a few months ago. I was experiencing random wake ups with out any known cause.
    The firmware upgrade has cleared up my ghostly issues.
    I am a big fan of VAJA cases, they are classy & they have saved my 650 from at least 5 fatal drops on concrete or tile.

Good Luck
    i also have a vaja case and it's great. treo 650 with t-mobile

alan
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by novfilms
    i also have a vaja case and it's great. treo 650 with t-mobile

alan
    I was checking out the vaja case, does the bottom lip of the case make pressing the bottom row of keys on the keyboard harder? looks like it might get in the way, also i guess that depends on which case you have, is it the one with the flippy thing or the one that leaves the screen and keys open? do you have the belt clip option/screw on yours? and if so dont you feel nervouse having it on your belt with screen facing out?
    i have both the case with the flap from vaja and the tight fitting one from sena. i did not get the really hard vaja case...just the leather ones. i like to wear a sport coat as just an outerwear jacket so i like to have the phone in an inside pocket (i use the bluetooth) so i got the tight fitting leather (w/o a loop or clip for the belt) for those situations from sena. but for which i don't wear a jacket, i got a vaja case with the flip over and a clip. i love the look and especially the feel of both cases. i like the fact that there's no plastic covering over the face or pad on the sena . i haven't had any trouble with the pad and the way the case fits. with the vaja...it just sits in that case and obviously i take it out to use. i love that case.

alan