1.    #1  
    It is with great sadness that I have to say that my trustworthy Treo 600 is almost dead. Its battery now lasts only a hour or two between charges, forcing me to leave it on life support attached to my PC.

I decided to take the plunge and ordered a Unlocked GSM Treo 650. I've read all the posts about upgrading, other people's woes, and other's happiness. By next Wednesday I hope to be among the happy ones with my only liability being that I just bought a $700 phone and a new one might come out in a few months.
    I know you said you have read the threads, but I will say it anyway:

DO NOT HOT SYNC directly to your 600 user id! You will create a brick. Follow the upgrade guide posted at Palm or find an upgrade thread here.

You will love your 650!

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by DHAnderson
    It is with great sadness that I have to say that my trustworthy Treo 600 is almost dead. Its battery now lasts only a hour or two between charges, forcing me to leave it on life support attached to my PC.

I decided to take the plunge and ordered a Unlocked GSM Treo 650. I've read all the posts about upgrading, other people's woes, and other's happiness. By next Wednesday I hope to be among the happy ones with my only liability being that I just bought a $700 phone and a new one might come out in a few months.
    Don't throw your T600 to the boneyard. You might give it a second chance with a replacement battery!

Replacement batteries are readily available and have been previously discussed here at T|C.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the tips.

Palm is sure fast. I just ordered around noon today, and it has already shipped!
    And here it comes, for your reading enjoyment:

Perry's pet thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83240

And Insertion did not even have to prompt me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    And here it comes, for your reading enjoyment:

Perry's pet thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83240

And Insertion did not even have to prompt me!
    Suprised this isn't in your signature
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Your Hatness, I knew you were around!
  8.    #8  
    Now this is bizarre:

For the last week my Treo 600 has been steadily degrading in its ability to hold a charge. It sat on a charger all night and this morning it lasted just under a minute.

My new 650 arrived today and I plugged it in for its initial charge. I also had my 600 plugged in. After an hour or so I checked both and the 600 was fully charged, and now is working just fine. 4 hours later after moderate use it shows 98 percent full.

I do not pretend to understand, but now the question is do I keep the perhaps flakey 600 or keep the new fangled 650?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I would give the flaky 600 few more days depending on your return policy for 650(I don't know exactly how many days you have before they accept returns). If it works I would return the new 650 as new treo also is coming up( may be WM or palm OS or both) & than you can replace your 600 with NEW treo or definitely cheaper 650 !
    Anyway 650 is more reliable for me than my old 600 just watch for too many sw.