Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have read all the post and all the user ratings how well volume care is. I had no problem with my phone before downloading volumecare, people could hear me well and I could hear everyone as well. From so much speculation of the volume care on treocentral I figure let me try it maybe it will make my phone sounds even better. I install volume care I have enabled. From my first test person on the other end could hear me the same except I couldnít hear that person well. After couple of test calls I was upset that I couldnít hear people, I have disable volume care to see if it resolve the problem. But that brought me another big problem, now people cannot hear me at all. Everyone calls and tells me call them back from the land line, or people talk and they donít hear me responding to their questions (so frustrating). Volume care killed my default microphone sound (made it very low). Well now volume care expired and my phone is not useful at all. I am actually thinking wipe out the phone image and reinstall it again. Please some one help me on how to restore my default microphone settings. If I wonít find a resolution I might take it to the sprint store for a repair.

Roman
    Last edited by SilentMember; 08/13/2005 at 06:09 PM.
    So that's hundreds (I think) of satisfied Volume Cares users, one very dedicated and responsive developer and one person for whom it does not seemed to have worked properly - and he calls it "crap." Oh, please. This is how flame wars start.

Grow up. Posts like yours are how folks lose credibility.

May I suggest you start over with a different tone and get rid of this thread all together?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Roman,

VolumeCare (VC) is a great and useful utility for many of us 650 users.
    It appears that the 650's, even the same types, do not react identically to software installations, including VC. That does not mean the software is crap.

Now, about your problem, I suggest you reinstall VC, enable it, check the "mic" option and adjust the sliders to the right, then try it again. Uninstall VC and check again. If no progress, backup your device and consider a warm reset, test again and if not, go for a hard reset and restore. However, before you do a hard reset, look out for suggestions from other users or the developer of VC.

Regards,
    Keith

PS
    I respectfully suggest that you adjust your attitude to being more constructive so that people, expecially Jeff, the developer of VC will be more willing to assist you.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    So that's hundreds (I think) of satisfied Volume Cares users, one very dedicated and responsive developer and one person for whom it does not seemed to have worked properly - and he calls it "crap." Oh, please. This is how flame wars start.

Grow up. Posts like yours are how folks lose credibility.

May I suggest you start over with a different tone and get rid of this thread all together?
    donít tell me to grow up you and should change your tone of voice as well. I am a business man and my business depends on my phone. All I did is tryout the program and it didnít work for me, I wanted for it to properly be disable from my phone without making my phone dependent on the program. Is it too much to ask?

P.S. eKeith thanks for your kind suggestion I will try to do what you suggested.
    Have to agree with Westronic and Ekeith. Look at all the positive reviews, read the troubleshooting people have done, ask questions to those of us that actually use and like the program, then if the program doesn't work for you, give an honest evaluation of it.

The "Edit" or "Delete" button could be your friend right about now.

Just my $0.02
    or change your name 'cause you are definetly not a SilentMember!

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Speaking as a very satisified VolumeCare owner, might I suggest that if your business depends on your phone, installing beta versions of software isn't the smartest idea in the world...
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMember
    I have read all the post and all the user ratings how well volume care is. I had no problem with my phone before downloading volumecare, people could hear me well and I could hear everyone as well. From so much speculation of the volume care on treocentral I figure let me try it maybe it will make my phone sounds even better. I install volume care I have enabled. From my first test person on the other end could hear me the same except I couldnít hear that person well. After couple of test calls I was upset that I couldnít hear people, I have disable volume care to see if it resolve the problem. But that brought me another big problem, now people cannot hear me at all. Everyone calls and tells me call them back from the land line, or people talk and they donít hear me responding to their questions (so frustrating). Volume care killed my default microphone sound (made it very low). Well now volume care expired and my phone is not useful at all. I am actually thinking wipe out the phone image and reinstall it again. Please some one help me on how to restore my default microphone settings. If I wonít find a resolution I might take it to the sprint store for a repair.

Roman

Looks like you have a simple case of operator error. Instead of bashing a fine product why dont you simply ask for help.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Some buisnessman...

It's Piece, not peace.

I hope you don't send any correspondence to other businesses... it's called spellcheck, you might want to look it up.

Volume Care works GREAT for me and hundreds of others your opinion is noted and properly filed in the "Exception that proves the Rule" file.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    I was so mad I mispelled businessman

can you say Ironic??
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    I did have issues when I first uninstalled VC...my mic and earpiece were very low. There wasn't anything I could really do, aside from a complete hard reset (which I didn't try). My solution was to give VC another try. I found the most recent version to be very good, after tweaking the settings. I am now a paid registered user, and love my 650's quality now.

I don't know if the product makes permanent changes to the phone's speaker/mic volume, but I do know that with it installed and configured, it works quite well. I think any time you tinker with the factory settings like that, via any program, you run the risk of having issues. My 2 cents.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Although I agree that maybe he/she could have been more diplomatic about the product, but if I hear one more person complain about spellchecking, I'm gonna throwup!
    Don't like spell check...

How about this- The OP told someone to check their tone of voice... It's all in print-there can be no "tone of voice".
    Unless he has a type reader. Then he could "hear" it.http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

True,but I imagine it'd sound like a recording of Steven Hawking of Joshua from "Wargames".

God, the very fact that I can make those refrences proves beyond all doubt- I am a GEEK....

I think I'll go kill myself now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    I was so mad I mispelled businessman

can you say Ironic??
    sure you did
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    or change your name 'cause you are definetly not a SilentMember!
    It's obvious which "member" has been silent. He sounds like he hasn't gotten laid in 10 years.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    It's obvious which "member" has been silent. He sounds like he hasn't gotten laid in 10 years.
    I was at the drugstore when I read your post. I really did LOL! :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    I did have issues when I first uninstalled VC...my mic and earpiece were very low. There wasn't anything I could really do, aside from a complete hard reset (which I didn't try). My solution was to give VC another try. I found the most recent version to be very good, after tweaking the settings. I am now a paid registered user, and love my 650's quality now.

I don't know if the product makes permanent changes to the phone's speaker/mic volume, but I do know that with it installed and configured, it works quite well. I think any time you tinker with the factory settings like that, via any program, you run the risk of having issues. My 2 cents.
    Quickly to bring the thread back on topic. There's seems to be a second user weighing in on the issue of VolumeCare's effects on the phone.

And since this appears to be the right thread, I will make it two.

I trialed VolumeCare, and it seems to work really well. However, I think it is too expensive and don't really want to buy it. (Especially since I am already thinking of my future Windows Mobile device--just don't know which one it will be yet...)

However, once the trial expires, it does appear that volume on the phone is lowered to an unusual level, and there doesn't seem to be much to correct it.

This strikes me as a little unusual and potentially (I said POTENTIALLY) unethical, if the trial does have any longterm effect. After all, the total number of users saying there is a problem would be 3, but one of them felt compelled to purchase the product to correct the issue.

Hmmmmmmmm....
    Quote Originally Posted by delta_baggage
    This strikes me as a little unusual and potentially (I said POTENTIALLY) unethical, if the trial does have any longterm effect. After all, the total number of users saying there is a problem would be 4, but one of them felt compelled to purchase the product to correct the issue.
    So what happens if you delete the app after the trial period? Does normal volume get restored?

I know you said POTENTIALLY unethical, but I don't see anything wrong with crippling an app after the trial period, as long as proper operation is restore if it's deleted.

If deleting the app doesn't restore normal volume, then I'd say there might be a problem.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast