Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there a way to enable the call timer on the Treo 650? I remember a certain file had to be installed on the 600 and was wondering if the case was the same on the 650.

I did a search and found nothing except for maybe 2 other people that had the same question and received no answers.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I am using one of Shadowmite's phone App overlays which enables the phone call duration in your log. It is NOT a replacement ROM (I've never played with any of those). You install this like any other application, and if you change your mind you can delete it.

Shadowmite's stuff can be found at : http://shadowmite.com/p-f.html

Hope this helps,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
  3.    #3  
    Sweet... exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
    Thanks, Chickenhawk... I've been on that Shadowmite page before, but didn't realize exactly what that patch did... I guess I need to open my "Hooked on Phonics" package back up.
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Thanks, ChickenHawk. Perfect!

By the way, are the the same alias that I used to play Planetside with?
    Just installed this, and now I'm seeing a little round circle wiht a plus sign in the middle of it with a red line across it at the top of the phone screen.

What is that indicating?
  7.    #7  
    That icon is for GPS.

What else does this phone overlay do, besides the call duration timer? What are these ## codes that he references?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim-Ize
    Thanks, ChickenHawk. Perfect!

By the way, are the the same alias that I used to play Planetside with?
    Hi Dim-Ize. Nope, I never played Planetside, but I use this ID in a ton of forums.

Can't really take credit for it though since it's obviously taken from the WB cartoon character. I've always loved that little guy!

Many also associate the name with a famous decorated Viet Nam era chopper pilot who used this as his call sign. He has a book out named "ChickenHawk". I don't think I could fill his shoes!

Regards,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey
    That icon is for GPS.

What else does this phone overlay do, besides the call duration timer? What are these ## codes that he references?
    Actually that symbol indicates whether you have "Location Privacy" On or Off. You can toggle it in your phone preferences (within the phone app). If ON then your location can be determined as long as your phone is on. If OFF then not. 911 needs it ON if you want them to be able to determine where you are calling from in an emergency. If you're worried about being found in the unhappy event that you get stuck in a ditch unconscious you should leave it ON. If your paranoia level is higher then leave it OFF. Of course, if your paranoia level is high enough then you probably don't think the OFF setting works, right?

Search for threads on the ## signs and you'll find several which tell you what they all are.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
  10.    #10  
    From what I understand when it's turned off it will turn itself on when you call 911.
    is that an option for cingular? not seeing any options for set location...
    Quote Originally Posted by scavynger
    is that an option for cingular? not seeing any options for set location...
    Don't know about Cingular, but I' guessing it's there. It's not "Set Location" though.

With Phone ON, go to Options/Phone Preferences, and then you check-or-uncheck the "Location Privacy" option.

ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    weird...i definetly don't have that option...any cingular users see it?

also, the error codes no longer work with this patch..when I type in #*377 it attempts to dial it instead of showing lause reset info.
    Cingular phones won't have that option as the network doesn't support E911.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Thanks,

Exactly what I was looking for, I love how it shows call duration prior to the patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    Thanks,

Exactly what I was looking for, I love how it shows call duration prior to the patch.
    The info was obviously being collected all along, just not displayed. How stupid is that!!! It totally amazes me that Sprint chooses to have that OFF. Doesn't every cheapo phone in the world offer call duration?

Sheesh!
    Chickenhawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey
    Is there a way to enable the call timer on the Treo 650?
    My unlocked GSM Treo has this right out of the box. When on a call there is a timer running on the right side of the screen. It goes away once the call is over, but you can then go into the call log and click details to view the call time and other info.

Isn't this what you are looking for? I find it is always better to avoid adding patches and other software if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    My unlocked GSM Treo has this right out of the box. When on a call there is a timer running on the right side of the screen. It goes away once the call is over, but you can then go into the call log and click details to view the call time and other info.

Isn't this what you are looking for? I find it is always better to avoid adding patches and other software if possible.
    As I said in the post right before yours, Sprint (I don't know about the other carriers) doesn't have the call durations displayed in the call log. This overlay (it's not a patch) causes it to be displayed.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Thanks for the Duration in the call log! (Cingular)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk
    As I said in the post right before yours. . .

You don't actually expect me to READ the posts in this thread, do you?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast