1.    #1  
    I tried using the last 3 versions of ChatterEmail: The current stable version, and the last 2 current Beta versions in the past couple weeks.

For some strange reason, my Treo screen will suddenly light up and do a soft reset out of nowhere. It seems every few hours or so, my Treo simply does a soft reset, and I have no explanation for this, other then this started happening when I started using ChatterEmail a couple weeks ago. The mysterious soft resets have happened with all 3 versions of ChatterEmail on my Treo.

Maybe my settings are wrong, I don't know. I have been able to configure everything okay with my AOL IMAP account. I'm using a Sprint Treo 650 with the 1.12 update.

Any ideas from anyone? I realize that maybe it's some other application I have that's doing this problem, but I'm reasonably sure it's because of ChatterEmail.

Thanks, Casey.
    If there is a conflict with another app (which is possible, although unlikely), that wouldn't exactly mean it's "because of" Chatter, right? Or if it's a memory issue?

What I'd suggest is that you send me a log that shows one or more of these resets. It also might be helpful to know what the error code is in the Phone app.

Logging instructions are in the FAQ at www.chatteremail.com.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    I tried using the last 3 versions of ChatterEmail: The current stable version, and the last 2 current Beta versions in the past couple weeks.

For some strange reason, my Treo screen will suddenly light up and do a soft reset out of nowhere. It seems every few hours or so, my Treo simply does a soft reset, and I have no explanation for this, other then this started happening when I started using ChatterEmail a couple weeks ago. The mysterious soft resets have happened with all 3 versions of ChatterEmail on my Treo.

Maybe my settings are wrong, I don't know. I have been able to configure everything okay with my AOL IMAP account. I'm using a Sprint Treo 650 with the 1.12 update.

Any ideas from anyone? I realize that maybe it's some other application I have that's doing this problem, but I'm reasonably sure it's because of ChatterEmail.

Thanks, Casey.

Had same problem. Backed my device up, then cleared it of all add on apps and reinstalled chattermail. Same problem.

In my opinion, no matter how important it is to have email instantly, there is no way I want to experience that moment of terror when device crashes completely, wont complete bootup and I think I'm going to lose all my data! Just not worth it. From reading the forum at www.chatteremail.com, I think many people also experience problems with its instability. In my opinion chattermail isnt ready yet. And releasing BETA versions when support for old versions needs full time attention doesnt make sense to me.

Also since push email really is a business requirement, I'd say if you want email that instantly go for Blackberry, it may involve additional costs, but its a device with some pedigree and massive R&D investment that works better than anything for fast reliable portable email.
    Last edited by astro_warp; 08/14/2005 at 05:05 AM.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I had the Same problem But I Realized it was snapper since Deleted it I haven't had a problem. l thought It was Chatter But it is Almost Always, third Program.

that is just my two cents
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    I had the Same problem But I Realized it was snapper since Deleted it I haven't had a problem. l thought It was Chatter But it is Almost Always, third Program.

that is just my two cents
    That just doesnt make sense. If other 3rd party apps can run quite peacefully together why cant Chatter?

Anyway, I tried with nothing installed and still same error....
    astro_warp & casey - I've had VERY few people have any serious problem with the stable version, and there are also VERY few reported issues of incompatibility. I believe that Chatter is one of the friendliest apps around, frankly. And just because two programs don't run well together (as you suspect), doesn't mean that the second one is causing the problem! ChatterEmail 1.0.6.4 has been out for nearly two months, and there have been perhaps a handful of people who have problems like this; in every case that I've investigated, a problem has been found. (And, of course, the vast majority of posts at chatteremail.com refer to beta versions).

Having said all that, I'd like to figure out what you're seeing, because something is just not right and I suspect it's something that can be sorted out.

If you'd contact me at chatteremail@imap.cc, I'm pretty sure we can figure out what's going on.

Marc
    using the stable build with no problems - works great!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Used both. Stable version solid as a rock, no problems. Have stepped through every change of the beta version the past month and a half with only minimal problems. Usually identified before I found them but then again it is called beta for a reason...

Marc will work through the problems with you if you give him a chance.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I have the soft reset problem. What information do yo uneed to solve the problem?
    dyuyeno - I don't know what you mean by "the soft reset problem". Depending on the version of Chatter, phone, other apps, circumstances, etc., there's no way of knowing what kind of problem you're having. That kind of information and a log (instructions in the FAQ at www.chatteremail.com) would be helpful.

The original poster's problem is that his memory is corrupted (and almost certainly not by Chatter, since he was having problems before even using Chatter); I'm certain he can fix it with a hard reset and reloading apps, but he doesn't want to do that just now. It's VERY unlikely that you have the same problem.

Marc
    Here's a solution that might possibly help avoid those resets...

http://mobileoptimized.com/AvoidingResets.html
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    im experiencing major reset issues as well. hey marc how do i determing if my memory's corrupt?
    You might just hard reset your Treo and reload apps one at a time (not from a backup) and (in Chatter's case) rebuilding your Mailboxes. Chatter should be VERY stable with both the stable version and the beta.

Marc
    Marc:

I have been a Snappermail user for months now. I was a former BB user so push email is really important for me. That has brought me to try chatter a couple of times. I manage 3 business email accounts and I send and receive anything from 40-80 to emails daily. I discovered that 2 of my three accounts support IMAP and the other one remains POP3. I am trying chattermail and considering upgrading to the enterprise version of Snapper. I must clarify that Snapper has always been very stable.

I am experiencing with Chatter (the full version I download from the website) a spontaneous reset when Chatter syncronized my POP3 account. I have enabled it to q- sync every 20 mins and I have also enabled the sms notification. I most clarfy it has not reset all the time.

Also, I received the sms notification of an email on the POP3 account. It closed and when I tapped the envelope icon my treo it crashed again. I tried it again with another notification and it didn't reset.

My current treo setup is:

Treo 650 1.15 CNG
    1.31 Firmware
    Hardware A.

Asides form the built-in apps I have:

With Power Run on the current SD Card:

Resco Viewer and Resco Explorer

Life Drive's Note Pad and Voice Memo
    Volume Care & Profile Care, SC-Hot Key
    HanDBase and HandDBase Forms, HandDBase Dialer Pluggin
    Dataviz Tool
    Docs to Go
    Docs to Print
    IR Print for Brother MW-140 Printer
    Pocket Tunes with Power Run on a second SD Card
    TCMP Player with Power Run on a third SD Card
    Filez
    On my SD Card
    Resco Explorer- necessary for Card Backup feature
    WordPop
    T&C Viewer with The US Constitution and Trial version of Roberts Rules of Order
    Trial Version of BackPro

I would appreciate your help. I am willing to give the leap because of the push email, but I don't want to comprise on stability
    Last edited by JCB; 08/27/2005 at 04:48 PM.
    jcb -

Can you make me a log that includes a reset (and please have "Start at Reset" set in the System prefs? It's possible it's an issue that's fixed in the beta, or that it's related to a particular message; hard to tell without more info.

Logging instructions are in the faq at www.chatteremail.com.

Marc
    Marc:

Went to website and couldn't access the How to Report Bugs. I installed and uninstalled it. Hard Reset my treo and tried to install beta version. Beta version crashes when working with POP3 account. Unistalled and installed the full version and it now causes my treo to reset every single time I try to access a message. Will check later on your website to see if the log instructions are available. Thanks.