1.    #1  
    Hi-

I woke up after a night out and noticed my screen was cracked. must have happened sitting down or something even with a nice leather case. What can I do to repair this? Do you think i'll have to buy a whole new 650? it's through Cingular.

TIA.
    $170 from Palm. You carry the palm in your pocket or something? Doubtful Cingular is going to help you with an obvious case of mishandling, as there's not much chance the broken screen is a manufactoring defect.
    Yeah... This is the problem I was warned about with a Treo phone. Very fragile/breakable compared to many phones. In the past, my Kyocera 7135 fell out of its holster clip at least 10 times, and even accidently punted across a cement floor a couple times - and never broke. Just a little scuffed up. Doubt my Treo would even survive 1 such fall.

First thing I did was go out and buy a Rhino aluminum case to put mine in.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    bring it to sprint, the store in pal alto (california) fixes screens for 50 dollars.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if the SOCal Sprint stores can repair a Treo650?

I called Thousand Oaks and they said no.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingtj
    Yeah... This is the problem I was warned about with a Treo phone. Very fragile/breakable compared to many phones.
    There are a number of stories about the durability of the Treo:

stories
    For one durability story there is probably 10 saying the opossite. This phones are fragile, mine broke and altough my fault for not being gentle I will not get a phone that is this fragile again.
    a night out huh ... sounds fishy...
    Heh. "Night out."

I'm thinking he woke up in the drunk tank. ;-)

That said, as a former 7135 owner myself, I hear you loud and clear. For all of its troubles, the 7135, being a flip-phone, was a totally tough little armored turtle. I don't want to think of all the times it fell to the concrete floor and got kicked and became an expensive hockey puck, or how often it was pinged by all the stuff in my pockets (including change, a money clip, and a pocket knife), and survived with just a few scuffs.

I have no delusions that my T650 will last through such rough handling. I consider insurance a good idea...

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst
    I have no delusions that my T650 will last through such rough handling. I consider insurance a good idea...

-Warr
    Insurance is a must, especially since it's only a few dollars per month. After having dropped my phone from my shirt pocket into a toilet (putting my 3-year-old on the potty), and other such calamities, I'm glad to know my 650's protected by the Sprint plan...

Bob