Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1.    #1  
    Has this happend to anyone else? the burmeister yahoo im app (www.burmeisterbrown.com) was working really well for me until just this week.

    At first it simply looked like none of my contacts were on line for several days. I finally figured out something had to be wrong and i noticed that the app did not seem to be really refreshing the contacts, so I exited and disconected.

    After that all of my contacts disappeared from the app, it was like I had no friends (insert snide comment here). It would also send me back to the "connect screen" every time I accessed the app even if I had already connected.

    Next I tried deleting and installing the app and now things are even worse. I cant even get into the program most of the time as it freezes up the 650 as it is "connecting" and the only way out is a soft reset.

    Have sprint 1.12 and lots of other apps, but it was all working fine until just a few days ago

    Have sent a bug report to the developer, but no response yet

    any similar problems or ideas?
    Last edited by midmofan; 08/11/2005 at 01:41 PM.
  2.    #2  
    oops, this probably should be over in the communications forum. If a mod could move it over there that would be great, thanks.
  3.    #3  
    I had been using the Yahoo Im app by Burmeister (www.burmeisterbrown.com), but it suddenly stopped working. First it no longer updated my contacts and it looked as if everyone was off line. After i disconnected and exited, it no longer would find that I had any contacts at all.

    Next I deleted and reinstalled the app, but now it usually locks-up upon "connecting" requiring a soft reset. If I DO get past the "connecting" screen, again my yahoo contacts are not there. If I try to add a contact, it seems to let me do that and to send a message, but nothing actually is sent and the "new" contact disappears after you exit the program and come back to it.

    Did yahoo change something to make this app not work anymore. It was doing wonderfully for me until just last week. Im on Sprint 1.12, but have not added anything recently that should have caused a conflict. In any case it appears to be that the app is no longer communicating with yahoo and that seems to be the problem.

    THis happen to anyones else? Anybody else using this app successfully? Sent an email to developer, but no response yet

    NOTE: If you saw it, it did accidently post this problem in the applications forum instead of here, posted a response that asked that the thread be moved to communications, but never happend so reposting the issue here.
    Last edited by midmofan; 08/13/2005 at 02:05 PM.
  4. #4  
    <merged> just press the triangle next time, someone will attend to your request whenever time allows.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    <merged> just press the triangle next time, someone will attend to your request whenever time allows.
    I thought about that, but there is no Triangle in MY posts when I view them, only those of others, so was no way for me to report it without doing work, like looking up stuff! Now if somebody, ANYBODY had responded to the post, I could have done that easily. Thanks for the move/merge!
  6. Widdy's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #6  
    Same thing here. This was a really good app but it just stopped working. Maybe Yahoo changed the protocol or something.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Widdy
    Same thing here. This was a really good app but it just stopped working. Maybe Yahoo changed the protocol or something.
    That is what I am thinking. Still no word from the developer
  8. #8  
    I'm glad to hear others are having problems too. I thought there was something wrong with my Treo because it had been resetting pretty often.
  9. #9  
    So what's the consensus? Is Yahoo Messenger working or not? I'm wondering myself. Does anyone want to do some tests here?
  10. #10  
    I just tested this program, and it works fine with another fellow Treo 650 user. We both have Yahoo Messenger (version 0.16 Beta). No problem here.
  11. #11  
    Not working for me, t600, as described above-no contacts, freezes up phone
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    I just tested this program, and it works fine with another fellow Treo 650 user. We both have Yahoo Messenger (version 0.16 Beta). No problem here.
    When you say "works fine" when the treo messenger program is booted up, does it connect with yahoo and show your normal yahoo messenger contacts? have you sent and recieved messeges over the Burmeister treo app to regular yahoo accounts?

    After a number of deletes and reinstalls, it is still not working for me. The program LOOKS like it installs fine, but it will not get my yahoo contacts and most times just locks up
  13. Widdy's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #13  
    I looked at Mike Burmeister Brown's web site. (www.burmeisterbrown.com), There is a message at the bottom of the page that says that the Yahoo servers are temporarily down.

    I guess we just have to wait.
  14.    #14  
    thanks for the catch on his site. that's new...but not really accurate. yahoo's servers are not "down" you can still access them via normal means and even through apps like Agile Messenger.

    What probabbly HAS hapened is that Yahoo as changed their servers in some way that messes up the Treo Messenger app.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    When you say "works fine" when the treo messenger program is booted up, does it connect with yahoo and show your normal yahoo messenger contacts? have you sent and recieved messeges over the Burmeister treo app to regular yahoo accounts?

    After a number of deletes and reinstalls, it is still not working for me. The program LOOKS like it installs fine, but it will not get my yahoo contacts and most times just locks up
    Yes, when I enter into the Yahoo Messenger program, my contacts do show up. At the bottom of the screen it says, "Connected - 1 Contacts Online". I IM'd one person on his Treo 650 using the same program, and he says he got my message. He then replied back, which I received okay.

    Personally, I only use Yahoo IM on my Treo 650. I do NOT use Yahoo IM on the desktop computer, so I cannot comment about the desktop.

    Is everything okay now for the rest of you guys, or is the program/server still down for you??
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Yes, when I enter into the Yahoo Messenger program, my contacts do show up. At the bottom of the screen it says, "Connected - 1 Contacts Online". I IM'd one person on his Treo 650 using the same program, and he says he got my message. He then replied back, which I received okay.

    Personally, I only use Yahoo IM on my Treo 650. I do NOT use Yahoo IM on the desktop computer, so I cannot comment about the desktop.

    Is everything okay now for the rest of you guys, or is the program/server still down for you??
    Interesting. When did you last try the Treo Messenger program since even their web site now says its down?

    ALSO, he hasa even taken down the description page for the app which makes me think he is having to redo it based on something yahoo has done recently
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Interesting. When did you last try the Treo Messenger program since even their web site now says its down?

    ALSO, he hasa even taken down the description page for the app which makes me think he is having to redo it based on something yahoo has done recently
    I only last tried it the first time I had mentioned it was working okay, which was a couple/few days ago. Honestly, I only have exactly one (1) friend that I do IM with using Yahoo Messenger. I'm not big on IM-ing in the first place.

    If anyone wants to test with me, I'm willing. My IM account is "wassup_94159@yahoo.com" Do I need to know the other person's IM account name to add to my Yahoo Messenger program first before I can receive from that person? Can't remember.

    Let me know who wants to try out some test messages...I'm game.
  18.    #18  
    Casey, just sent you an im

    "brayton69@yahoo.com" here
  19. aldamon's Avatar
    Posts
    650 Posts
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    #19  
    It's stopped working for me too. Hopefully this will inspire the developer to fix some bugs. I don't know why he bothered to come out with a "beta" program just to leave it hanging for months.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Casey, just sent you an im

    "brayton69@yahoo.com" here
    I have not received anything yet. I just now added your user name to my Yahoo Messenger on my Treo. I also sent you a test message. Did you receive this? Go ahead and send me another message to test.

    My Yahoo Messenger shows your name, and that you are "Idle".

    Go ahead and send another message to me at "wassup_94159"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions