1.    #1  
    Any way to undelete stuff? EG: yeterday I deleted a photo on my SD card from within SplashPhoto. Any way to get it back? What about a memo or to-do item? How about just a plain file (one that Filez could see for example [that photo would have been such an item, I guess])? Would like to do this from the Treo itself not by putting the SD card in a card reader on a PC (an option not available of course for something delete from RAM).
    Was in on there before you last hotsyncd? Check your PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgabel_pi
    Any way to undelete stuff? EG: yeterday I deleted a photo on my SD card from within SplashPhoto. Any way to get it back? What about a memo or to-do item? How about just a plain file (one that Filez could see for example [that photo would have been such an item, I guess])? Would like to do this from the Treo itself not by putting the SD card in a card reader on a PC (an option not available of course for something delete from RAM).
    A great way to undelete anything you ever had on your SD is
    BlueSync. If you choose the "Archive" option, you can always get back anything you've deleted from your SD.
    David
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the responses. I'd like something that does not use a PC - something that has nothing to do with doing a hot-sync. So, say I - whoops - delete a file from either RAM or SD I'd like, then and there, just using the Treo, to undelete it --- something like Norton Unerase that runs on the Treo.
  5.    #5  
    BUMP: No way to undelete files (Ram or SD) just while using the Treo alone?
    I think this is technically possible since Nand doesn't actually delete the data after delete, just removes it from the FAT similar to a HD. (this is the whole point of zero-out resets btw) The same for Sd cards too. However I don't know of any native palmos apps that can do this...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    You might want to plug the SD into a PC and apply PC undelete software too it (before you save anything else to the SD). It may work. Why "may" ? Because flash devices have an additional interface that allows devices to say the block is "free" ... this allows the flash to move the logical block around in memory for longer life.

... I can't imagine that software has been made to compensate for this effect, but equally, I don't know if Treo's use this advanced interface to the SD card.
    There is a legacy freeware digital image recovery program that I can't find a link to download from and works really good. PM me with your email address and I can send you the zip file.
    Is it this? It seems to be pretty current.

http://www.pcinspector.de/smart_medi...uk/welcome.htm

"PC INSPECTOR™ smart recovery is the new data recovery program from CONVAR for Flash Card™, Smart Media™, SONY Memory Stick™, IBM™ Micro Drive, Multimedia Card, Secure Digital Card or any other data carrier for digital cameras.

If you have unintentionally deleted or formatted pictures, videos or sound files on your data carrier or have pulled it out during a write operation, no matter - PC INSPECTOR™ smart recovery can easily, quickly and absolutely reliably reconstruct the lost data.

Using the software is child's play. PC INSPECTOR™ smart recovery runs on all Win 9x, ME, NT 4.0, XP and Windows™ 2000 systems."
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  10.    #10  
    I do back-ups and hot synch's often enough that if I can get to my PC I'm ok. It's on the road that's the issue, at least for me. Sort of interesting that what is an obvious untility for the PC seems not to be available on the Treo.
    I do back-ups and hot synch's often enough that if I can get to my PC I'm ok. It's on the road that's the issue, at least for me. Sort of interesting that what is an obvious untility for the PC seems not to be available on the Treo.

Actually it is NOT that obvious at all considering it is only very recently that NVFS based palmos devices have appeared. Prior to that, there simply was no way of undeleting data from volitile ram. Furthermore, various pc utilz could always have been used for expansion cards...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  12.    #12  
    I agree about volitile RAM, but what about undelete from the SD card (using just the treo)? That issue has surely been around for a while.