1.    #1  
    Hi! Did I make it up, or does Palm offer a free 129 MB SD Card for customers with memory issues? IF so, how is that defined? Best, M
    Quote Originally Posted by mnylen
    Hi! Did I make it up, or does Palm offer a free 129 MB SD Card for customers with memory issues? IF so, how is that defined? Best, M
    They offered it as a work-around to the memory problem. Now that they have fixed the memory problem, they no longer offer it.

However, keep in mind that the biggest cost of a 128M card is not what you pay for it. (Today Tigerdirect offers a `128M card for $7.99. plus S&H, i.e., essentially free. It cost me that much to answer your query. I doubt that they cost Palm that much.) The real cost is that it takes up the Treo's only SD slot. In a world in which 1G cards cost <$80-, it is not efficient to put even a free 128M card in that very dear slot.

I am on a schedule that I fill up the largest card that I can buy for $100- just about the time that the next larger card falls below that price. For example, I am now on a 1G card that I paid $80- for. I expect to fill it about the time that the 2G card falls below $100-. I expect to fill the 2G card about the time that the 4G falls below $100-.
    newegg has the a-data 2GB card for $129.... close!
    Oh... and the 4gb card will never work in the treo. 2gb is the limit!
    I've read that the largest card you can use in the Treo 650 is 2 GB.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  6. cng
    Unless you get the Fat32 driver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    I've read that the largest card you can use in the Treo 650 is 2 GB.
    Spoil sports! Well, not to worry, by the time I need the 4G I will have a Treo nnn. Not only will it take a 4G, it will have two slots.