1.    #1  
    Charged up and paired very easily. Much, much more comfortable than the HBH-660 and much lighter. With hands-free profile, it picks up automatically and connects when phone # is dialed with Treo. Is listed as longer battery life than HBH-660 as well. Calls are very clear coming and going. I definitely believe this one is a keeper!
    lep354 - Would you please share some more observations about the HBH-608 versus the HBH-660/662? For example: What makes the HBH-608 more comfortable for you? Does it have a different ear hook design? For calls received, do you notice any difference in transfer speed to the headset?

FWIW, I have the HBH-300 and HBH-662 (I had a HBH-660 also, but I sold that when I got my 662). I like the sound quality and connection speed for the Sony headsets, but the 300 is too bulky for use around town and the 660/662's ear hook is too uncomfortable for me to wear for more than 30 minutes or so. I've replaced the hook with an eargel, but that limits my use to just one ear. I'd prefer to be able to easily switch the headset back and forth from one ear to the other.
  3.    #3  
    Transfer speed is the same. The earhook is much thinner and the speaker which fits in the back part of your ear is also smaller. The thinner ear hook does not put as much pressure on your ear. Hope that helps.
    if you put your treo in your pocket and you use the headset, does it still work well?
    Quote Originally Posted by lep354
    Transfer speed is the same. The earhook is much thinner and the speaker which fits in the back part of your ear is also smaller. The thinner ear hook does not put as much pressure on your ear. Hope that helps.
    Thank you. That was very helpful information. The HBH-608 seems like it might just be a winner for me too!
    Thanks for the review! But WHERE did you buy it from? I'm trying to avoid ebay as asked in a previous thread by myself... http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=hbh-608

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    Thanks for the review! But WHERE did you buy it from? I'm trying to avoid ebay as asked in a previous thread by myself... http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=hbh-608
    blueheadsets.com appears to have them available.

I will probably get mine from ebay and save $20.
  8.    #8  
    I got mine from MoblieCityOnline.com. I was thinking of E-Bay as well, but could only find the overseas version w/USA adapter. Mobile City has the US version. $59 and change plus $5.95 ship. Have purchased from them in the past. Excellent prices and excellent service. I highly recommend them.
    Quote Originally Posted by lep354
    I got mine from MoblieCityOnline.com......
    for the cut and pasters that is http://www.mobilecityonline.com

You transposed the l and i in mobile.
    I received my HBH-608 this week from Mobilecity. I love the size and the weight, but to be honest, for me on my cingular phone, it takes a bit longer to pair. Not a lot, but sometimes my 660 is instant - this one is not. I agree that the ear piece is a better design, but I still put the earjel on it and it fits great. I donít know why they are not louder, but this is better. I personally think this is the best one out there for now. Only if the 650 had BT 1.2!
    Got mine day before yesterday from Vodaphone shop for £35 on sale

Very lightweight, sound quality better than the treo itself up close, but the reception not as good 1 room away (c.f. my previous headset, bluetrek g2, which could connect to my old SEk700i from anywhere in my flat).

Other minor gripe is that it doesn't connect with the treo immediately sometimes, so I have to press the "talk" button on headset again to let it "see" the treo and pair.

Apart from these, very happy with it for that price.
    If you don't mind explaining. What ear gels are you putting on them?
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I just received mine. It's paired with a locked Cingular firmware 1.31. I'm not very impressed with it. The range is extremely short, much shorter than the my broken Motorola HS-820. I also get alot of static. If the phone is on the opposite of my head and wave my hand on the side of the phone, I can actually hear the static go in and out. GF says it sounds very clear to her on the listening side. Also, If I try to pick up an incoming call before the Treo has notified the headset of the phonecall, all I get is a series of beeps and I miss the call.

It's kind of a bummer; I had great hopes.

-Bigbot45
    Argh...should have waited for more feedback before I bought it. I have the Treo headset which mostly works (volume crackles on high and I'd like earpiece that could seal to the ear.) The guy selling them gave me a glowing report (of course he would...wouldn't he.) I thought the 608 looked sweeter and would work with the Jabra earpieces. Now I'm afraid I've wasted $60 bucks.
    Sony headset arrived today. It worked fine with the Treo but it isn't as strong a bluetooth connection as the Treo headset...though the difference isn't huge. Using Bigbot's "wave your hand over the bluetooth receiver" test I get static with the 608 and the Treo headset but there is a little more static with the Sony. Sound quality, on the other hand is great and I like the fit and look better than the Treo headset...especially with the Jabra earpiece.

However, I would really miss the call waiting feature that the Treo headset supports. Are there any other headsets that support this feature?
    One more quick comment. The answer button on the Sony is ridiculously small. When a phone call comes in I find myself feeling and poking around the earpiece.
    Sorry for the delay, I just use the Jabra from Radio Shack. They work great.

Again, I totally agree with bigbot45 - I am not very impressed with the 608. I am impressed with the battery life, and that is the only thing that makes me use it and put up with some of the lag and BT distance from the phone.