Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Newegg has these for $129 which is a pretty darn good price for a 2GB SD card...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211314

Anyone try one with their Treo 650?
    Wow not bad...I bought this there a few weeks ago for $141. I'm pretty happy with this card.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I got the A-data 1GB turbo 150x and it didn't work in my treo. I even tried formating it with my computer (Fat 16), but it would keep loosing data no matter what I tried. I had to return it.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Yes I got one for $131, and it worked great for about three days, then it locked up the my Sprint 650 in a soft reset. Tried to read the SD card on three PCs and each locked up then all tring to open SD. Now waiting for a replacement.
  5.    #5  
    Looks like 2 people who had probs with theirs, one who didn't.

Well, I have one coming in the mail - I ordered it already.

I'll post after it shows up and let y'all know how it does for me!
    I just got mine after a bad experience with a RiData 2GB card. The RiData didnt work worth a damn, and would start a endless crash/reset cycle.

Plugged in the A-Data 2GB card and it worked perfectly from the get go.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    My 2GB Adata works perfectly in my Treo 650.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for the addtl posts, I feel better about my purchase now.... IE that it will actually work
    You A-DATA guys can't tell that the sticker is pink while it's inside your Treo, right?? I might have to consider this card once it gets below $80...1GB is all I need for right now.
    I've only had it a couple days so far but it is working. I've heard of people having issues with lots of cards when they swap them in and out of the Treo and back to their PC card readers. I'm going to see if I can avoid that.
    The only part that is pink is the label which is hidden when its in the treo. The plastic casing is blue.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster
    I've only had it a couple days so far but it is working. I've heard of people having issues with lots of cards when they swap them in and out of the Treo and back to their PC card readers. I'm going to see if I can avoid that.
    I don't remove my SD from my Treo at all. I use an app called Card Export to move files in and out of SD while it is IN my Treo.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    For me the thing i like about SD cards is the ability to move them from device to device (PC, Phone, Printer, Someone elses camera, etc). I can curretly do that with my SanDisk 256, SimpleTeach 128, and PQI 512. I expect this ability from any card.
    A Little O/T:

DocGo, do you like Card Export? Thinking of getting it, but don't want a PITA app crashing my Treo, because I have a lot of info on my card that I would like to mive between PC and handheld.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    No problem with the app in my Treo 650. Nice thing about it is, I just bring a retractable cable with me, and transfers files between Treo and my work and then home PC without additional software in the PC. I transfer pics, mp3s, documents, etc. The SD card is read/seen by the PC as an external drive so you can browse the different folders in it and put files in appropriate/desired folders.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Maybe it has something to do with the Firmware installed on different Treos??

Can people who've purchased the card report whether it's working on their card or not and also post the Firmware they're using? It might be helpful to the others who're considering purchasing the card such as myself.
    Adata 2Gb card will not format and causes my Treo to lock up during hotsyncs. Card works fine in my laptop and several other devices. I suspect this is an issue with some Treo firmwares and 2Gb high speed cards. Mine is an Earthlink model running software 1.08.

Switched to 1Gb Adata card and it works fine. Would really prefer to have 2Gb but it doubt it will happen with this firmware.
    anyone using the a-data 2gb with the latest cingular firmware? Any problems? Seriosuly thinking of buying this card since the Sandisk 1GB are about the same price or just a few dollars cheaper.
  19.    #19  
    The card I got from Egghead was DOA. Didn't work in PC or Treo.

Went to Frys Electronics and got one from there. Worky worky.
    There was another thread on this card if you search -- lots of people (including me) had problems getting the card to work on certain models of SD readers and on the Treo. In my particular case, I couldn't get it to format in the Treo; nor could I get it to format properly in my (two year old) laptop's built-in SD reader.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast