Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shinew
    Maybe it has something to do with the Firmware installed on different Treos??

Can people who've purchased the card report whether it's working on their card or not and also post the Firmware they're using? It might be helpful to the others who're considering purchasing the card such as myself.
    Working
    Sprint 1.12
    Hardware A
    Quote Originally Posted by onree
    There was another thread on this card if you search -- lots of people (including me) had problems getting the card to work on certain models of SD readers and on the Treo. In my particular case, I couldn't get it to format in the Treo; nor could I get it to format properly in my (two year old) laptop's built-in SD reader.
    Found these threads:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=adata+2gb (no conclusive mention of 2Gb card compatible with all Treos)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=adata+2gb (Topram mentioned as compatible...but still problems with laptop.)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=adata+2gb (here some people are reporting problems with Sandisk Ultra 2Gb.)

Bottom line. Couldn't find a thread that mentioned a "magic" 2Gb card that worked for everyone. Is there one?
    You really should use the Ridata formatted with FAT. In Windows, right click the card icon and select format, then choose FAT instead of FAT32 (Mac Disc Utility does not give you this option).

The Treo 650 seems to only be able to read the first 500MB of data unless it is in a directory such as DCIM(for images)

If you are going to use RealPlayer for music, before copying music on the card, use the RealPlayer to create a "new playlist" This will create a directory(folder) on the card called "RN_AUDIO" You will be able to drop your folder of mp3's into this readable directory. I have a Gig of music on my Treo now in two folders in the RN_AUDIO directory and all songs come up in RealPlayer with no problem.

I hope this helps.

Edwin Simpson
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I have a Corsair 133x 2GB. From CardInfo, the Device Id is "ADATA_01000004000607", so maybe it's really a rebadged A-DATA.

I formatted the card in my Treo, plugged it in my PC, and the PC froze. So I tried my Treo, but it also froze. I then tried my Linux box. Froze. I tried all sorts of combinations, and I almost gave up....

Then I plugged it back in Windows and waited 5 minutes or so. I noticed that the green LED on my card reader eventually lit up solid green. I didn't want to click on anything in Explorer, because I know it'll lock up again. So I opened up a Command Prompt ("DOS" Console), and typed "FORMAT H: /V:MYCARD /FS:FAT /X", waited another 5 minutes or so.

And now it works everywhere!

So... I think maybe the Treo creates a bad filesystem on the card. I've never had a problem before with 1GB cards, so this may be specific to 2GB cards. If you are having problems because you formatted your card on your Treo, try formatting it on Windows. You may have to be patient and wait 5 minutes or until your card reader's LED indicates a "ready" status. I think Windows gives up trying to read the filesystem after retrying/locking for 5 minutes.

Good luck.
    This cmd "FORMAT H: /V:MYCARD /FS:FAT /X" do the trick for my Treo 650(sprint)!!! Thought I had to return it to Newegg.
    Thanks Mozilla!!!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    thongtap, glad it worked for you.

Thanks for confirming. BTW, you can replace MYCARD with something else. It's the volume name.

It's funny... I avoided the A-DATA because others have reported problems on this thread. As it turned out my Corsair is really a rebadged A-DATA!
    My 50x 1Gb Adata card is working perfectly and I'm not close to filling it up. However, now you have me tempted to try the 150x 2Gb Adata card again. The beauty of the 2Gb card is I can download tons of maps to it.
    Last edited by Disaster; 08/23/2005 at 01:56 AM.
    Just FYI Newegg is now selling the A-DATA 2GB card mentioned in this thread for $119.00 ($129.99 - $10 mail in rebate)

Link Here

Just bought mine today.
    So I opened up a Command Prompt ("DOS" Console), and typed "FORMAT H: /V:MYCARD /FS:FAT /X", waited another 5 minutes or so.
    success for me as well!!!!

2 GB a-data from newegg reading 1.8gb free of 1.8gb in cardinfo!

thanks for the suggestion

now I can have lots of maps in tom tom plus I can try out this podcasting thing...
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by resturg
    Yes I got one for $131, and it worked great for about three days, then it locked up the my Sprint 650 in a soft reset. Tried to read the SD card on three PCs and each locked up then all tring to open SD. Now waiting for a replacement.
    Here is a follow up on prior post. I got my replacement card about three weeks ago and tried to use it without formatting. It worked about a day before I start losing files. I took the advise from Thougtap’s advise in post 24 and formatted it on my PC with DOS command "FORMAT H: /V:MYCARD /FS:FAT /X" and then loaded it with the contents of two 1GB cards. I put it in the T650 over three weeks and have not had any problems since. I never formatted this card in the T650.
    For those that are not DOS literate, heres the procedure for win XP:

1) Stick your SD CARD into the reader and notice the drive letter that windows assigns to your card reader (under my computer)

2) click START--->RUN

3) type in CMD and hit enter

At this point the black DOS command line interface should open
    It should probably look say something like:
    C:\Documents and Settings\blah blah blah

4) Type the next line in exactly, but substitute the first H for your drive letter that you identified in step #1 and also substitute MYCARD for the volume name you want to give the SD card. Then hit enter.

FORMAT H: /V:MYCARD /FS:FAT /X

EXAMPLE:

FORMAT E: /V:COOLCARD /FS:FAT /X

Will format my SD card in my card reader that is designated as the "E" drive in windows. It will give the card a volume name of "COOLCARD".

It took about 5 seconds to format my blank 2GB A-DATA card.

Thanks to mozilla
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    How fast are these A-DATA SDCards? Anyone has a VFSMark speed rating? I assume we're talking about the "high speed" cards with the pink labels on them?

-Warr
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst
    How fast are these A-DATA SDCards? Anyone has a VFSMark speed rating? I assume we're talking about the "high speed" cards with the pink labels on them?

-Warr
    I have about half of the SD card loaded and here are my VFSMark scores:

VFSMark Results

File Create: 382%
    File Delete: 871%
    File Write: 487%
    File Read: 692%
    File Seek: 842%
    DB Export: 757%
    DB Import: 468%
    Record Access: 770%
    Resource Access: 711%

VFSMark: 664
    Thanks for the speed scores and formatting options. Here's the next stupid question:

Other than for storing large amounts of MP3s, what are you doing that's taking up 2GB? If there's a killer app that's using it, I'll get one today.

-Warr
    lots of mp3s is one reson I got mine, but the other "killer" app is ripping and watching your DVD movies on your treo.
    car_designer
    Thanks for the formatting tip above. I purchased a Transcend 2 GB card and, out of the box, my VZW Treo 650 wouldn't format it. Once formatted via PC, the card was readable in my Treo 650, PC, and both of my Macs.

As far as needing 2 GB....I am planning to use the card as a backup for my patient files via Docs2Go. Maybe I'll start to stores some mp3s on the Treo, too...
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by car_designer
    lots of mp3s is one reson I got mine, but the other "killer" app is ripping and watching your DVD movies on your treo.
    Whoa. What is that? What software do I need to make that happen?

-Warr
  18. cng
    Can I use CardExport II so my Treo 650 IS my card reader?
    I got a Patriot 2Gb on newegg and it rocks along (literally - I think I have about 1000 songs or so on it)
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cng
    Can I use CardExport II so my Treo 650 IS my card reader?
    Yes you can. I have CardExport II version 2.20 and A-Data 2GB Digital card on my Sprint T650 and it works well but not as fast as the PC carder reader.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast