1.    #1  
    Any know issues here? I had Voice Dial for over a month - when I installed CHatter this week - multiple (5-6 resets) daily and several would totally blow away settings...I do not think these play together well...nothing else new added. I bring this up, because when the settings disappear after a reset so does Voice Dial and whne I do not re-install, the resets go away...but before ChatterEmail, VOice Dial worked perfectly...?? IDEAS?
    Charliec
    I use both with no issues. I never heard of any issues or conflicts between the two.

I'm using ChatterEmail v1.0.7b33 and VoiceSignal's VoiceDial 2.0 Build 1.1.01.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    If you're using the stable version of Chatter, you might try the beta.

Marc
  4.    #4  
    My install is exactly the same as Gadget's...reinstalling VD right now and I expect to start seeing resets and even loss of registrations, etc...
    Charliec
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec
    My install is exactly the same as Gadget's...reinstalling VD right now and I expect to start seeing resets and even loss of registrations, etc...
    If this is the case, then you must have something else causing resets, because if we're both using the same versions of both programs, yet one of us isn't having resets, then....??? How else do you explain it?

What else are you running? Something had to change between the time you first installed VD and the now.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
  6.    #6  
    Removed VD and the resets every hour or so quit, but I now have 1-2 each day...but screen constantly flashes on/off -which I seem to be able to avoid if I do not leave Chattermail as the last app on when screen goes off...but I would really like to avoid the resets and constant loss of registrations in all apps...I have turned off Keyboard and even BT apps...have Butler running but only use Voicemail LED flash and Keyapps. Chatter is conflicting with something...none of this prior to install (just installed latest beta)
    Charliec
    Screen flashing on and off isn't a Chatter issue; if you're using an external keyboard, that's the problem right there.

Loss of registration in apps also doesn't sound like a Chatter problem; Chatter NEVER touches the database that other apps use for registration information (unless you're using a version prior to 1.0.6).

What carrier do you use?

Marc
  8.    #8  
    Sprint...and none of the problems (really) were there prior to Chatter. While it MAY not be directly a Chatter problem, I am sure it was not a problem prior to install...using latest beta of Chatter and Sprint is updated...
    Charliec
    What other software is on your phone?

Marc
  10.    #10  
    The usual complement of Treo650 stuff.
    Agendus(from Card)
    BibleReader (from Card)
    Botzam Backup
    Butler
    ChatterEmail
    Clockpop
    eReader (from Card)
    FileZ (from Card)
    Java
    KoolAlarms
    KoolSounds
    Lightwav
    LookatMe
    Pocket Antivirus
    PocketTunes
    PowerRUn
    Profiles
    QuickOffice Suite
    Snappermail
    Takephone
    TreoAlarm
    TreoHelper
    VoiceDialer
    wavplayer

Snappermail
    Charliec
    With so many apps, it's hard to know how they all interact.

Marc
  12.    #12  
    Yes...agreed...but what set my Treo off was when I installed Chatter...I can/will take some out (when I can) and see how it impacts...but I cannot live with the resets that cause loss of registration...even though I really finding Chatter to be a huge improvement on my business emails...I travel around alot and it works VERY WELL as an always on client. Any help is appreciated...
    Charliec
    I really can't help at this point; someone isn't playing nice, and I don't think it's Chatter. I'd suggest starting with a hard reset Treo, loading the latest beta of Chatter, confirming that it runs reliably, and then adding apps one or a few at a time to find the conflict (assuming that's the problem).

Marc

p.s. I understand why you'd think that Chatter must somehow be causing this, but that conclusion isn't logical. Even if there were a conflict, there's no way of knowing which app is acting badly without more experimentation.
    Last edited by Chatter; 08/14/2005 at 07:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec
    The usual complement of Treo650 stuff.
    Agendus(from Card)
    BibleReader (from Card)
    Botzam Backup
    Butler
    ChatterEmail
    Clockpop
    eReader (from Card)
    FileZ (from Card)
    Java
    KoolAlarms
    KoolSounds
    Lightwav
    LookatMe
    Pocket Antivirus
    PocketTunes
    PowerRUn
    Profiles
    QuickOffice Suite
    Snappermail
    Takephone
    TreoAlarm
    TreoHelper
    VoiceDialer
    wavplayer

Snappermail
    Here's what I have:

Main Apps
    1st Aid* (* run from Card via ZLauncher)
    Agendus Pro
    Directory Assistant*
    Documents To Go Premium 7 (Card via TechTool)
    Resco Explorer
    Diet & Exercise Assistant*
    IOU Mate*
    MyBible*
    MySportTraining
    NotePad*
    Pocket Quicken
    SplashID*
    SplashShopper*
    VoicePad*
    WorldMate Pro*

Communications Apps
    ChatterEmail
    Mergic Ping*
    Telnet*

Games
    Bejeweled*
    Bejeweled 2*
    IR Battleship*
    Scrabble*
    Sim City*
    Solitaire Free*
    TetrisV*
    TicTacMax*
    Warfare Incorporated*
    Zap2016*

Multimedia Apps
    Pocket Tunes Deluxe*
    Sound Recorder*
    SplashPhoto*

Readers
    Daily Reader*
    eReader Pro*
    iSilo*
    TomeRaider*

Utilities
    Alarm List*
    Botzam Backup
    CardSpeed*
    DataViz Tech Tool*
    ChangeName*
    DiddleBug*
    HandZipperLite*
    Keyboard (driver for the Universal Wireless Keyboard)
    LightNZip*
    Mass Transit*
    RLock
    TreoHelper
    TripBoss*
    Voice Dial (by Voice Signal)
    ZLauncher

Now it appears that there are several utilities that we DON'T share. As such, I would remove anything that runs in the background: PowerRun, KoolAlarms, KoolSounds, ClockPop, Pocket Antivirus, etc. Trim it down to just the basics. Then start adding them back ONE AT A TIME...making sure to give yourself at least several hours of "play time" between each application, so that the Treo has an opportunity to reproduce the problematic conditions.

Given that we are both running a lot of applications, we can probably rule out the ones that we are BOTH running, since I'm not having the reset issues that you are having. That leaves the non-shared apps and utilities that you listed.

Also, you should double-check that you are running the latest versions of all the software you have. This is REALLY important, because many of these applications may not behave well with the Treo's new memory architecture (NVFS). It could simply be a matter of having added Chatter which may have caused more memory to be used, thus bringing the "bad" application's behavior to light. Since Chatter can't be run from the SD card, the memory footprint on your Treo would have changed when you installed Chatter. If an application isn't playing nice with resources, having to share those resources with more applications could cause a "selfish" application to start showing its true colors.

The Treo's reset log isn't very intelligent. It merely shows which application was running when the Treo crashed. That doesn't mean that the application was actually responsible for the crash. Often, it was something else.

Good luck.

P.S. I noticed that you listed your Voice Dial application as "VoiceDialer". VoiceDialer is not the same application as VoiceSignal's Voice Dial. Can you confirm that it's the Voice Dial application that was offered from Palm's website? Was that just a typo? Again, I'm running VoiceSignal's Voice Dial v2.0, build 1.1.01. Check the About screen and confirm.
    Last edited by Insp_Gadget; 08/14/2005 at 07:53 PM.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

15.    #15  
    Inspector - excellent - thks
    Charliec
    Thanks, Gadget!

Marc
  17.    #17  
    Turns out this seems to settle down when I run AGENDUS from the card...everyone plays together much better.
    Charliec