1.    #1  
    I read a reference to "ProxiWeb" on one of the other boards and wondered if someone could explain how this service works better than the company's website does. Could someone conceivably get a Minstrel S modem, buy service directly from AT&T, et al., and get a decent wireless web experience using the ProxiWeb thin-client? (Thus reducing the necessity for PQAs and possibly opening up an option for VDX users).

I'm all ears.
    I haven't tried Proxiweb with Omnisky yet, but it is essentially AvantGo on steroids. Any site you go to is reformatted for you and downloads faster. It's pretty nice and thankfully has bookmarks.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
  3.    #3  
    Can someone who has the Omnisky service please test to see if Omnisky works with VDX, albeit without PQAs or official support? Omnisky has the better deal with rebates, discounts on yearly pre-paid service, etc.

Matt
    ProxiWeb was aquired by Pumatech and is now known as Browse-It. On their website, however, they only appear to have a link to their Browse-It Server app.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Is it still free?
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    Is it still free?

https://www.proxinet.com/download/ seems to still be free.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    You should be able to use Browse-it independent of Omnisky and the YadaYada service.

Another nice feature is that they support "cookies" where AvantGo does not. I can post to VisorCentral wireless using the Browse-it browser...you cannot with AvantGo.

As far as testing this with a Visor Deluxe, I can do it tommorrow (currently out of town this week).

BTW, the browser for YadaYada seems to be a renamed version of Browse-it.

Bret Snyder<BR>If you don't know where you're going,<BR>You'll probably end up somewhere else.
    Are there any browsers that will support 128 bit encryption? I would love to access my bank accounts on the road.
    Does Proxiweb show you color graphics on the Prism or black and white?
    Originally posted by yardie
    Does Proxiweb show you color graphics on the Prism or black and white?
    black and white for me.
    Felipe
    Is anyone getting fatal reset when trying to see the cashe file in proxiweb?

Felipe