1.    #1  
    Hi Marc,
    I may have found a bug in the download process, but I'm not positive.
    I have downloaded the java J2ME websphere file (1.8megs) to my treo a few times now via an attachment to an email in chatter.

It has been succesful twice. The two times it has been unsuccesful, I have received text messages in the middle of the download which has turned the arrows grey, and then continued the dowload process again (arrows green). I think the break up by text message does something to the continuity of the download. The file comes in completely, and says the usual open, saved to card... box.

I am on Sprint, Treo 650, running beta 32 (I think just one beta version old).
    Last edited by albertb; 08/12/2005 at 01:22 PM.
    So what exactly is failing when it fails? And when you say "text message", do you mean SMS? (I can't think of any reason an SMS would interfere).

Marc
  3.    #3  
    By text message I do mean SMS. By failing, the download continues, I get the same -open, save to card... options- and it seems like it has downloaded and installed the prc to my palm. When I try to open the application though, I get an error that the Java app isn't installed.
    You mean that it says that there are no applications you can use to open it? Is the Java app in RAM or on SD card?

Marc
  5.    #5  
    The java app is downloaded to RAM.
    It is downloaded normally and put in applications as if there are no problems, just like other prc files that I receive by email.

It doesn't get to the point where it asks you what midlets to open, when I click on IBM websphere icon- it will say the Java9something file doesn't exist.

Maybe I should try this with another program as opposed to just the java, since we know people have problems with Java in general.