I've been delving into the world of podcasting and exploring the potential of the Treo. I've enjoyed success simply using the Treo and audioblogger to call and record an audio blog that's then posted to my blogger.com site. I've also utilized feedburner.com to link with my audio post to publicize the mini-podcast. Now moving beyond that...

I have recording software and PTunes on my Treo. I tried playing my bumper music on PTunes and recording the voice at the same time, thus creating a mix. I was surprised by the audio quality when I imported in into the audio software into my PC. (I know it's not 1st class but remember I'm looking for a really portable/mobile solution.)

Question: Why will the microphone on the Treo remain open for recording while PTunes plays in the background and not remain open when making a phone call while trying to play PTunes in the background? Is there a way around this? My reason for asking would be to record my audioblogger file on a phone call and picking up my bumper on PTunes at the same time. I know it's a stretch but anybody got any ideas? Anybody else out there using their Treo to create podcasts?