1.    #1  
    I installed this from an email attachment, and received the same successful install screen that I get installing all other prc apps from email attachments.

However When I run Kmaps it says "missing IBM Java VM"

Does this have to be specifically installed with hotsync? only I don't have my hotsnyc cable at hand.

Thanks.
    I installed it via an attachment to an email. It gave me that error the first time, and I think the attachment download had been interrupted or corrupted. The second time I sent it over, it worked. Also you need to install two files, the other is named something like JavaVMCheck_enUS.prc
    Depending on what Java apps you want to run, you may also need to install WebServices.prc, WS-Security.prc, fileconnect.prc, pimop.prc and PIMPrefs.prc . Using KMaps as an example, you'll need the first 3 but the other two are required only if you want KMaps to save things to Calendar, Contacts, etc
  4.    #4  
    yup, I installed all 5 files, the one in question was the largest and did not install the first time I tried it, all the others installed with no interuption, I then re-installed the J9JavaVMMidp20.prc with sucess. Maybe I should delete it and retry. I also moved them to the card to free up space. Versamail is eating up my RAM.
  5.    #5  
    Actually, Does anyone have a Web Link to a copy of the PRC?
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpal
    yup, I installed all 5 files, the one in question was the largest and did not install the first time I tried it, all the others installed with no interuption, I then re-installed the J9JavaVMMidp20.prc with sucess. Maybe I should delete it and retry. I also moved them to the card to free up space. Versamail is eating up my RAM.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Java$ $won$'$t$ $run$ $from$ $the$ $SD$ $card$ $unless$ $you$ $use$ $MSMount$.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I tried installing java, and I think the first time I installed it, I accidentally used the wrong language. So I removed the file. Now when I try to install the J9JavaVMMidp20.prc file, I get an error that says not enough memory. The file is only 1.6mb and I have 9mb left?? What should I try to do? I really want to use the kmpas program. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    What you can also do is put J9JavaVMMidpNG.prc and J9PREF.PRC in your sd card. Use Filez to copy it to RAM and it will fully install Java in a few seconds. The best thing is anytime you need it, it's right there in your card and you dont need to download it which takes a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahh
    I tried installing java, and I think the first time I installed it, I accidentally used the wrong language. So I removed the file. Now when I try to install the J9JavaVMMidp20.prc file, I get an error that says not enough memory. The file is only 1.6mb and I have 9mb left?? What should I try to do? I really want to use the kmpas program. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    It sounds like you've run into the dbCache limit which is smaller than the 9mb you have left. Do a soft reset first and then install java. You shouldn't have any problems then.
    This might be a dumb question..but what is a soft reset? Simply turning the device on and off again? I think I've tried that.
    Look for the reset hole in the back of the Treo (under the battery cover for the 650). Use the stylus to push in the hole to reset (reboot) your Treo