1.    #1  
    i recently had aim forward all of my instant messages. this was eating up my text messages and my sms inbox would look like a bomb just hit it. so i just tried downloading the free aim client at aim.uk at : http://www.aol.co.uk/aim/palm/ . and i find it to be average. i have a couple of questions in regaurds to this method however. 1.) i want to be able to keep my aim on at all times. is there anyway i can have it automatically turn on and resign on at all times except when i'm loged on to my screen name via my laptop. 2.) is there anyway i can get that little phone icon on the aim agents when i'm signed on via my phone. does anyone have the real aim treo 650 version from aim.com and does if fix the couple issues i have with the free uk version?

thanks in advanced.

-scott
    The phone Icon on AIM only works with AIM forwarding as far as I know. There are many palm programs available for the Treo that will leave AIM on in the background. Search the forums for Verichat, Causerie, Toccer, Mundu (???) and "Instant Messaging".
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Quote Originally Posted by geminigrudge
    i recently had aim forward all of my instant messages. this was eating up my text messages and my sms inbox would look like a bomb just hit it. so i just tried downloading the free aim client at aim.uk at : http://www.aol.co.uk/aim/palm/ . and i find it to be average. i have a couple of questions in regaurds to this method however. 1.) i want to be able to keep my aim on at all times. is there anyway i can have it automatically turn on and resign on at all times except when i'm loged on to my screen name via my laptop. 2.) is there anyway i can get that little phone icon on the aim agents when i'm signed on via my phone. does anyone have the real aim treo 650 version from aim.com and does if fix the couple issues i have with the free uk version?

thanks in advanced.

-scott
    Unfortunately there isnt a program I know off right now that will automatically log you on when you log off your PC. It can log you off but not the other way around.

As far as the phone icon, no 3rd party program has that capability right now. The only way to get it is log on via wap on Blazer or any browser.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak
    The phone Icon on AIM only works with AIM forwarding as far as I know. There are many palm programs available for the Treo that will leave AIM on in the background. Search the forums for Verichat, Causerie, Toccer, Mundu (???) and "Instant Messaging".
    which one do u prefer?
    I own Verichat but had constant crashes so I uninstalled it. I have tried Toccer preview 5 and it looks promising but the battery drain is enormous on my Sprint CDMA phone. So now I leave AIM off and I log onto Toccer only when I need it.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    TOCCER!! I haven't used it extensively yet to test the battery drain issue....but it's free, man. Try it out and let us know what you think about it.

Otherwise, your only real option is Verichat.

Toccer (free) or Verichat (recurring fees).

I'll take Toccer any day of the week.
    btw, i would also advise you not to use that free AIM client at the UK site. in my experience it causes many crashes including crashes that lead to infinite reboots. could never pin down the exact scenario that causes the crash but it seemed like if I left AIM on, then played a game (Zap 2016) and a phone call came in, it would reset the phone to an infinite reboot. Actually, lots of scenarios involving calls coming in while AIM was running would cause the problem too.
    use toccer, its FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

works well too
    Quote Originally Posted by collin
    btw, i would also advise you not to use that free AIM client at the UK site. in my experience it causes many crashes...
    Yea...the AIM client that AOL wrote and the Agile Messenger apps are TOO buggy to actually use.

Toccer's perfect, tho.