1.    #1  
    Okay, I've seen one or two mentions of the Hotsync software failing to install properly on Tablet PCs, and I've seen a few mentions of it installing just fine on some. I've also seen a post saying that killing the "IDriver.exe" process allows the installation process to go by without a hitch.

So far, no go on my end. First time round, most things were installed, but I wasn't able to finish hotsyncing via Bluetooth (it would connect, start syncing, then crap out after about 5 minutes). My hotsync cable is either dead, or my computer is refusing to recognize it, so cabled syncing was not an option. So I uninstalled (actually I had to system restore, since the uninstall stalled partway through as well), and tried again. This time not everything was installed. So, one more system restore. I tried one more time, this time killing the IDriver.exe process, and all that succeeded in doing was it caused the status bar to roll back to zero, after which the installer stalled out once again.

Is there any other way I can get this to work? I'm at a bit of a loss here.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    No prob here with a Fujirsu Stylistic ST4110.
    No problems here -- HP tc1100
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Hey Pal I have the tc4200 just got it on monday and had the same problems. I just kept reinstalling and killing the idriver I found thought the idriver would be on there two or three times. Finally I got it installed. but I had to do it like 6 times and kill the idriver about 10 times, now it works great! I am gettings some errors with my outlook appointments, but I think it user error. Don't give up! The two together are fantastic companions!
  5.    #5  
    Ben, I really appreciate the response. Gives me a glimmer of hope. I pretty much gave up for today and decided I'd try again tomorrow. Figured I'd just put it down to bad luck today and hope for the best. I'll update if everything works out okay.

ps. I also noticed during the last installation attempt that there were 3 instances of Idriver.exe. Two were about 3MB, while the third was 15MB. Odd.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoTekK
    Ben, I really appreciate the response. Gives me a glimmer of hope. I pretty much gave up for today and decided I'd try again tomorrow. Figured I'd just put it down to bad luck today and hope for the best. I'll update if everything works out okay.

ps. I also noticed during the last installation attempt that there were 3 instances of Idriver.exe. Two were about 3MB, while the third was 15MB. Odd.
    I saw the exact same thing, I just kept at it! Every time one popped up I would shut it down in the Task Manager and I never quit. I didn't even know the Tablet tc4200 had a problem with this but I realized that was slowing things down. So keep the faith.
    This thread is awesome! Problem solved on the Toshiba Portege M200 tablet using the task manager method described above.