Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    You may or may not have seen my post in the Treo 600 hardware forum regarding Hotsync issues. Thanks to the group here, I realized my cable had gone bad. I purchased this from Dan Cellular Accessories a few months ago at sat it gently on my desk at work ever since. Once I realized the cable was bad, I thought I would get a replacement from the seller. The following is the response I received:

we cover the first 30 days only

P.S. For ease of reference and to avoid delay in handling your inquiry, when you send us further email on the same issue, please include the contents of all previous/relevant emails.

Daniel Horton
    Dans_Cellular_Accessories
    78 Cos Cob Ave.
    Cos Cob, CT 06807
    General Offices 203-629-1360

Forgiving the of punctuation, I think 30 days is pretty ridiculous. It's his business, but I would recommend buying elsewhere from now on.
    PC Load Letter, what the !&$^ does that mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by TPS_Reports
    You may or may not have seen my post in the Treo 600 hardware forum regarding Hotsync issues. Thanks to the group here, I realized my cable had gone bad. I purchased this from Dan Cellular Accessories a few months ago at sat it gently on my desk at work ever since. Once I realized the cable was bad, I thought I would get a replacement from the seller. The following is the response I received:

we cover the first 30 days only

P.S. For ease of reference and to avoid delay in handling your inquiry, when you send us further email on the same issue, please include the contents of all previous/relevant emails.

Daniel Horton
    Dans_Cellular_Accessories
    78 Cos Cob Ave.
    Cos Cob, CT 06807
    General Offices 203-629-1360

Forgiving the of punctuation, I think 30 days is pretty ridiculous. It's his business, but I would recommend buying elsewhere from now on.
    In brick and morter stores I'm starting to see a lot of the following sign;
    NO CASH REFUNDS! Exchanges only!

If you got 30 days, consider yourself lucky.
    Dan's has been very reputable in his dealings with others from what I have observed. There will always be the occasional bad product that slips thru, but knowing Dan's they probably would work with you to make it right.
    I mean they DID give you e-mail, physical address, and phone numbers. Try to work it out without an attitude. See if that helps. Good luck.
    FWIW, COMP USA has the same 30 day policy.
    Last edited by TheLiveSoundGuy; 08/12/2005 at 09:14 AM.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

I am confused. Is this 30 days for warranty or you can get cash refund ? I think it is warranty. After 30 days, no warranty for the product sold. What is the warranty from COMP USA ? What is the cash refund policy from Dan ?
    Quote Originally Posted by KBKB
    I am confused. Is this 30 days for warranty or you can get cash refund ? I think it is warranty. After 30 days, no warranty for the product sold. What is the warranty from COMP USA ? What is the cash refund policy from Dan ?
    I won't quote since I don't have COMP USA reciept handy, but I think their policy is 30 days exchange only. No Refunds. After 30, you go to the manufacturer for warranty.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by KBKB
    What is the cash refund policy from Dan ?
    Dan's return policy is 30 days as stated in all his listings.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Dan's is a good vendor. You can't expect more than 30 days.
    My only complaints at Dan's is the lack of an order status/account page you get from Amazon/etc. But for the prices, you can't expect that and I've purchased from Dan's in the past and will continue to do so in the future (waiting on an order right now actually).
    dan's is great!

What exactly is the complaint. Can you sum it up in one sentence.
    No probs here.
    ditto

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Yeah, Dan's always been good in my book. I've bought tons of stuff from him. 30 days is perfectly reasonable.
    Yup, I've had great luck with Dan's Cellular. It's a bummer you got a potentially bad cable, but it is pretty clear in all his auctions that i've seen that the warranty period is limited.

At least with the serious discount you get from dan, you can afford to buy 2 or 3 of any given item and still pay less then you would in a brick and mortar store
    I have had no problems with Dan's. Once he shipped a wrong part - when I sent an email he just shipped the right part - and told me that I can keep the old one. It is hard to beat his prices too especially on OEM Treo items.
    I have had no problems with Dan's. Ben
    Treo BT headset I got from Dan's works like a champ.
    Would definitely do biz with again.
    (Sounds like ebay feedback)
    I also got a Treo BT headset from Dan and it works great. I too would buy from him again.
    I've made two orders through Dan, just a week or so apart. As it happened, the second one arrived before the first and it looked like the first would never appear. After some email exchanges, he gave me the options of getting a refund or re-shipping. I asked for a re-ship and he agreed. A day later, the original shipment arrived (not unusual for USPS shipments to Canada to have wonky delivery times), in time to stop the duplicate shipment.

The man was ready to send me a duplicate set of items based only on my word that I had not received the shipment.

Yes, I'll buy from him again.
  18.    #18  
    Good for all of you ... I am just stating that I had a bad experience. You can spend your money wherever you want.
    PC Load Letter, what the !&$^ does that mean?
    Dan's the man!
    Working with online stores all day long, it's a shame how some online shoppers think that "online" shopping means you can get as cranky as you want and expect retailers to eat their own policies.

Perhaps your mad, but you DID NOT have a bad experience in the eyes of purchasing a product and working with a return policy. 30 days is very acceptable.

This is the reason many high-end specialty brick and mortar stores require full addresses when buying things - so you can't just walk in without a reciept and say you lost it to get an exchange or store credit on something you purchased six months prior.

It is unfair to "dog" a store that simply posts a return policy and adheres to it. Why don't you stop pointing the finger at the retailer and contact the manufacturer? It's not Dan's fault it took you months to figure out the problem - why should that business eat costs for your own issue?

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast