Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Dan didn't work out that well for me either. After about a week of paying for my item i asked dan what's going on with my shipment. I had an email giving me a tracking, but it said that they are waiting for the package to be processed and then shipped. After a week of waiting i asked dan what was going on, he yelled at me saying that he did what he said and that it was being shipped. After several emails he tells me that he ran out of stock and no longer has any more and that i had to wait. I waited and got impateient so i asked him for a follow up, he yelled at me again saying it's not his fault. After awhile he finally shipped it to me. I got it three weeks after payment.

Horrible customer service.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Another very happy "Dan's" customer saved a "fortune" on my numerous purchases. Have had one issue with a case , he sent the new one, without asking for the wrong one back, thats pretty good customer service. !!!

Will keep going there for all my phone accessories.
    Last edited by sjjones; 08/23/2005 at 08:26 AM.
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by lilboi
    Dan didn't work out that well for me either. After about a week of paying for my item i asked dan what's going on with my shipment. I had an email giving me a tracking, but it said that they are waiting for the package to be processed and then shipped. After a week of waiting i asked dan what was going on, he yelled at me saying that he did what he said and that it was being shipped. After several emails he tells me that he ran out of stock and no longer has any more and that i had to wait. I waited and got impateient so i asked him for a follow up, he yelled at me again saying it's not his fault. After awhile he finally shipped it to me. I got it three weeks after payment.

Horrible customer service.
    Dan's is a discounter, you can't expect to get what you pay for in a timely fashion. Quit whining! By asking him for an update, you provoked him and deserved to be treated rude. You'll probably want your item to work when you get it too your highness.....just because you pay for something doesn't give you the right to be a tyrant. Didn't your mother teach you any manners? Dan's sends a sticker that looks like a circuit board with every order, isn't that enough?....just send your money and accept the consequences. Buy your Treo items at Tiffany's if you need to be treated like royalty! Jeese.
    PC Load Letter, what the !&$^ does that mean?
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Dan has an Ebay store too but it's cheaper to email him at Danscellphones because he doesn't have to pay the Ebay fee and he used to give you free Priority shipping when you buy direct from him. He accepts paypal and you can choose to pay by credit card on Paypal. Use a gold card and most double the warranty.

My Treo 650 is two weeks old and since I'm happy with it I just ordered all OEM from him: 2 cradles ($40 each on Treo central), 2 car charges, spare battery, stereo adapter, pen/stylus combo and free shipping all for $135. I don't know if that was a special package price because I like his service, so I send him referrals.

You won't beat his prices and services anywhere.

I ordered all the same when I bought my Kyo 7135 3 years ago from him. Everyone at the PDAphone home site loves buying from Dan too.

I agree that the cable if OEM should not have broken but 30 days is standard. If you were a good customer of Dan's he probably would have even stretched on his policy. But for one cable purchase it's asking a lot of a vendor who didn't make the cable IMO.

I would go to a retail store that you don't like anyway who always charges full retail, buy another one swap them out and return the broken one in the package back to the store. They just get credit from the manuf. and toss the broken one. This way the manuf eats the bad cable! and you just say if they are made that crappy I don't want another one, just give me my credit or cash back. Problem solved

Paul
    Add me to the list of satisfied Dan's customers. I've bought from him through three generations of Treos, and will happily do so again. In one instance shipping was slightly delayed due to backorder -- only a few days -- but he threw a spare stylus and a couple of other goodies in the box at no charge for my "inconvenience."
    I ordered from Dan on Ebay a week ago. I just noticed that over 70 people have been less than satisfied with Dan's over the past 30 days. I paid $9.99 Priority shipping from CT for a Treo BT headset on Ebay recently. I ordered a Nutshell from New Zealand on the same day I ordered the BT from Dan's. I received the Nutshell in 6 days!! I haven't received anything from Dan's yet. Just a few insulting emails. And he doesn't speak in sentences which makes it worse!! He say that he not have problem with over 50000 transactions he cannot control USPS Postal Service!! I admit, I am impulsive and want my toys now!! I contacted Dan 4 days after my purchase, because he doesn't want email before then---and that's when he got nasty with me. I'm not looking for any trouble from any of the 50000 satisfied customers---I just want people to realize that if things don't go perfectly with him--look out. I still haven't received my headset, even though Dan says he shipped it Priority Mail from CT to PA---10 days ago.
    oh everyone will be quick to defend him rest assured. Some customers of his just don't care about good customer service and relations. Personally, if I got the type of email from Dan's that I've seen here in the past I'd drop him faster than a Hobo on a Hot Ham sandwich, best price or not!
    OK, so I never got the headset. So, reluctantly I called Dan's number. He called me back within minutes. He asked me to email him the specifics and he would get back to me. He emailed me back and said that the best thing to do is ship me a replacement and put a trace on the previous one. Within an hour, I received notice that Dan had printed Priority Shipping through Stamps.com. He has been nicer now.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I bought the hbh-660 from him. It came in about a week later. I'm still using the headset, so I'm happy.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Can somebody post his URL? I tried www.danscellularphones.com and got a search page. I went to ebay and searched for "Dan's Cellular" and got a message that there's no store with "Dan's Cellular" in the name.
    Don

Handspring Visor => Handspring Visor Deluxe => Sony Clie T615c => Treo 650 on Verizon => Treo 700p on Verizon
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Try searching for an ebay store name with "dans cellular", with no apostrophe in the name...
    Has anyone recently bought from Dans and had a good experience? I just ordered a headset from him and I'm getting nervous after seeing these posts.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee
    Has anyone recently bought from Dans and had a good experience? I just ordered a headset from him and I'm getting nervous after seeing these posts.
    Is he back in business? I did not know that.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    he has items listed on www.sell.com
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Things that make you go hmmmmmm. I do not know the reasons behind leaving ebay, so I will leave it at that. Good luck
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Funny how we haven't heard from all the supporters of Dan's since he disappeared???
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts

How can I find him? I sent him a return and never received a refund.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345