Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    I'll admit I don't study policies for a vendor which is why I posted the BEWARE in the first place....so others that don't spend their free time reading the fine print would be aware! I don't think there is anything wrong with that, but apparently others feel differently. As I said, it's his business he can do what he wants, but I won't buy there again. Dan is not Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart accepts responsibility if they sell faulty merchandise and takes the returns to keep their customers happy. This is my opinion, it will not change. I don't think I'll be changing my screenname because others don't agree with me Bottom line - the cable doesn't work, he isn't fixing it, BEWARE! Policy or not, I am not a satisfied customer.....I am posting my OPINION to try to help others.
    PC Load Letter, what the !&$^ does that mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by TPS_Reports
    I'll admit I don't study policies for a vendor which is why I posted the BEWARE in the first place....so others that don't spend their free time reading the fine print would be aware! I don't think there is anything wrong with that, but apparently others feel differently. As I said, it's his business he can do what he wants, but I won't buy there again. Dan is not Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart accepts responsibility if they sell faulty merchandise and takes the returns to keep their customers happy. This is my opinion, it will not change. I don't think I'll be changing my screenname because others don't agree with me Bottom line - the cable doesn't work, he isn't fixing it, BEWARE! Policy or not, I am not a satisfied customer.....I am posting my OPINION to try to help others.

Dan is great by the way, I have purchased from him more than ten times and even got him on the phone when there was a shipping issue to be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet

Dan is great by the way, I have purchased from him more than ten times and even got him on the phone when there was a shipping issue to be fixed.
    Dan is real?!?!?!? I always figured he was a composite character assembled from traits of dozens of employees.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Dan is real?!?!?!? I always figured he was a composite character assembled from traits of dozens of employees.
    lol yep...real guy
    I'll admit I don't study policies for a vendor which is why I posted the BEWARE in the first place....I am posting my OPINION to try to help others.
    Actually, a more helpful warning might have been to warn us not to behave the way you do after a purchase. Something like ... "Beware!! If you purchase from a store with a 30 day return policy, I recommend you check the item before 30 days."

Now that would have been mighty helpful, indeed. Yessireebob.
    Follow-up on my experience with Dans.

I emailed him and told him the charger that came with my Treo headset was not working. He emailed me back within a day and told me he would send me a new one and a return shipping package. That is excellent service in my book. Most places require you to return the defective product first.
  7.    #67  
    It would be best if the store didn't ship out a bunch of defective crap. Yesssireebob, <i>that<i> would be the best.
    PC Load Letter, what the !&$^ does that mean?
    It would be best if the store didn't ship out a bunch of defective crap. Yesssireebob, <i>that<i> would be the best.
    What? Are you suicidal? Or just Thick?

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

you must be on crack, yessireebob
    The guy has over 47,000 ratings and 99.3% of them are positive. That means 46,700 people had good experience and 300 had bad ones. Looking at customer satisfaction ratings for the tech industry as a whole, you'd see that Dan's is WAY WAY above par.

Would you like him to test out each and every item before he ships it? Then you'd complain that your item was opened! Move on, man. It was a cable? And it cost how much?
    Ohhhh, so he is supposed to open every package and test the item? At what point do you lay the blame on the manufacturer? Ever?

I've never had a defective "anything" come to me from Dan's.

Thus far I've been polite, but now, you deserve for me to let loose.

STOP YOUR WHINING

Shall we take a poll and see just how many people believe the retailer is too blame for an item that had a 30 day return policy and you waited months? I'm willing to bet quite a bit that the majority will say, "No!"

As we said, one thing to post a warning about checking items before time goes past the policy, another to make every possible attempt to damage a business all because YOU (yes, YOU) don't think the rules should apply to you.

If this will always be your way of life, I suggest you just stop buying any form of technology. Otherwise you'll live in fear with all the "what ifs"--what if it breaks in 6 months? What if I run over it with my car? What if I drop it in the toilet???

If your time has any value to you at all, then the amount you've spent feverishly fighting about how you got screwed could have bought you 10 new cables - but lord forbid one of them have a blemish in the molding of the cable (I don't want any strings hanging off the edge - it's DEFECTIVE!!!).

I close with...

111!!!ONE!!!111

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    I've got an idea... Let's hijack this thread and start talking about the great stuff we've all got from Dan's!

For me, one of the best has got to be the spare battery. Geez, for $19 bucks it's a steal! Dunno about you, but I've bought batteries for several of my previous cell phones and they each cost an arm and a leg, at least the OEM ones. This one is way bigger (capacity) and amazingly cheap.

Coming from the Tungsten|T3 and its miserable battery life, even a single Treo battery is a breath of fresh air. Having two is a charm.

What about your "Dan" experience?
    Oh, my. Mine was the top BANANA! Battery, cradle, car charger, keyboard, sync cable. Wow!

Dan's is A-1. He's better than that. He's almost as good as a nice, bloody Filet Mignon.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Haven't purchased from Dan's yet, but after this I'll have to order something just to order something.
    I can't believe the mods haven't locked this thread yet.
    But it is fun to read!
    My turn! I got the OEM leather holster for $6! The one selling in cingular stores for $26. I even got free priority shipping because I bought it with the OEM cradle. I just won a HBH-662 BT headset for $61 when it sells for much more than that everywhere I've seen it. Shipping and insurance brings it to $73. I don't know how much I'll like it because reviews are scant but I'm sure I'll get it quickly.
    It is at this point I figure he began to realize the severity of his mistake. He saw the number of people who thought he was , but we kept and he felt it too late to turn back. so now he's

A $5.00 cable = lesson hopefully learned = better future purchases = money well spent in any book.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

just got my hbh-662 and it's pretty awesome. dan threw in some generic googdies, car charger, headset leather case, ac wall charger us spec (the one in the box was europe spec). so far i'm lovin it!
    I've ordered a ton of stuff from Dan's, most recently the OEM 650 cradle for 28 bucks. I've never had a problem with him. Great products, great service.
    Follow-up on my previous post.

DAN IS GREAT IN MY BOOK.

Got a bad charger with the treo bluetooth headset. Dan responded to my email in a day and mailed out a new charger. Definitely one of the better etailer experiences I've had.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast