Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I knew I recognized the name. I noticed I've bought three items from them. Here's the feedback I've left:

"Got item just as described. Great seller, thanks
    Seller dans_cellular_accessories ( 46273)"

"Got the item just as described. Great seller, thanks.
    Seller dans_cellular_accessories ( 46273)"

"Bought three items, Recieved just as described, great seller, thanks. dans_cellular_accessories ( 46273)"

Seems pretty good to me, but I have never had a problem with anything from them.
    His copy of Office Space got scratched, and he's just in a pissy mood. We forgive you.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    ...a 30-Day warranty is pretty lame...
    As someone who works at corporate for a very large brick-and-mortar, 30 days is the industry standard. Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA are all the same with their 30 day policies. Anything after that and you need to take it up with the OEM.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    a 30-Day warranty is pretty lame as is a cable that doesn't last 2 months.
    Then why buy from him? If you think 30 days is unreasonable, buy from someone else who offers what you require in terms of product, price and support. It's not like Dan's policy was hidden; the purchaser was (or should have been) aware of it and went ahead with the transaction. How about a little bit of personal responsibility creeping in here? Bad experiences are not always someone else's fault.
    Hmmmm, I purchased a battery and car charger from Dan's last December for the 650. The battery I used right away but the charger I just took on vacation with me in June for the first time without checking to see if it worked. It didn't.....my fault for not checking within the first 30 days.
  6.    #46  
    You aren't upset that you paid good money for a charger that didn't work? My cable was in plain packaging...I have no way to contact the vendor -- could you?
    PC Load Letter, what the !&$^ does that mean?
    did you ask Dan how to contact the vendor?
    Dan is an arrogant condescending POS who will never get another nickel of my money. He loves to leave negative ebay feedback irrespective of its truth or validity. He can rot in scammer hell for all I care.
    For those keeping score, so far it's 48-3 Dan's

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

The true test of a business is how it treats its customers when something goes wrong. If you've never gotten a bad product and dealt with the service side than you can't really judge a business.

I ordered cradle charger and wireless headset from Dan's. Received them today. The charger for the wireless headset is nonfunctional. Not his fault. I emailed Dan at 8pm EST asking him if I need to return the whole wireless headset or just the AC charger. I await his answer and will post the results here.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS
    Then why buy from him? If you think 30 days is unreasonable, buy from someone else who offers what you require in terms of product, price and support. It's not like Dan's policy was hidden; the purchaser was (or should have been) aware of it and went ahead with the transaction. How about a little bit of personal responsibility creeping in here? Bad experiences are not always someone else's fault.
    never said I did or would buy from him. just offered my 2 cents
    Quote Originally Posted by TPS_Reports
    You people are insane. My bad experience is that the cable is defective! Is that so hard to understand? Are you so brainwashed to accept bad service that a 30 day warranty is good for you? INSANE!
    Look at the packaging. Who issued the WARRANTY? Dan's or the manufacturer?

Jeez, if every retailer honored claims like yours there would BE no retailers. It's not the retailer's job to honor the warranty - even Wal-Mart will send you to the manufacturer.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    For those keeping score, so far it's 48-3 Dan's
    great post
    I didn't "dog" a store. I simply said Beware because of the policy. Do all of you work for Dan's? Is this whole site run by Dan's? INSANE!
    Nope - but in regard to your other post - you ACCEPTED a 30-day warranty when you made the purchase. Yep - you did. Ignorance doesn't equal innocence.

While stores need to have policies (and Dan's does - and he abided by them) the consumer is also left to understand those policies before clicking that final continue button.

FWIW - I do have my own business and also adhere to the policies in our store.

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    You aren't upset that you paid good money for a charger that didn't work? My cable was in plain packaging...I have no way to contact the vendor -- could you?
    30 days
    !!30days!!1!

1111111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!30 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

Those be policies. Didn't have to buy from him.

You be outnumbered. SHould quit while a head. Otherwise have to change screenname.
    DesignExtend.com
    I'll admit that dan can be somewhat rude. He responds with three word e-mails and expects you to do whatever he asks. That said, he is the low-cost provider. If you want full-service, you go to a fancy shop. If you want price, you go to Walmart. Dan is walmart.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I'll admit that dan can be somewhat rude. He responds with three word e-mails and expects you to do whatever he asks. That said, he is the low-cost provider. If you want full-service, you go to a fancy shop. If you want price, you go to Walmart. Dan is walmart.
    Maybe every time I've caught him on a good day. I never experienced rudeness.

Regardless, you're right. So many users want everything dirt cheap then want to complain if they don't get treated like royalty.

Gotta say though, I've had worse problems shopping at "specialty shops" and general computer stores. CompUSA couldn't pay me to walk in their door right now - I'd have to be very, very desparate. Same for Circuit City, and Best Buy is just about nearing that point.

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Maybe every time I've caught him on a good day. I never experienced rudeness.

Regardless, you're right. So many users want everything dirt cheap then want to complain if they don't get treated like royalty.

Gotta say though, I've had worse problems shopping at "specialty shops" and general computer stores. CompUSA couldn't pay me to walk in their door right now - I'd have to be very, very desparate. Same for Circuit City, and Best Buy is just about nearing that point.

Pamela
    I got a three-word email from Dan when I asked about him getting desk chargers for the 650 (this was about 6 months ago), but I didn't think anything of it. It's what you make of it I guess.

Best Buy is my Toys 'R Us!
    I'm back!
    I would characterize Dan as terse, but not rude. I guess it depends on the thickness of your skin. Somehow, mine gets a lot thicker when I'm saving a wad of cash.
    One of the biggest problems people in my field have - whereas we get lots of calls from software users (and likely Dan gets a SLEW of email every day) is that people need to understand that in order to keep prices low, something has to be sacrificed. With Dan, that's probably a full staff - if there was a nice lady answering the phone, taking time with you to pick out the right thing, etc, you would surely see price increases. Guys like Dan rely on the notion that you are familiar with ordering off eBay, have read his policies, and know what item you need. For that, he sells it for much less than retail.

Just like many new users get upset if a company charges for tech support - not realizing it's a deterrent, because more than half the time, if you read the manual and took some time following the steps, you wouldn't need to call them in the first place.

My company offers web-based support included with any purchases, and we charge for phone support. But if we reach the point where they user isn't going to help him/herself (because we're not bloating costs) then we crack down on what we can offer. No choice - unless the user wants to pay for additional help.

I'd rather guys like Dan be terse and cut out chatter so he can spend more time each day making sure my order gets out the door.

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast