1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I've found the bluetooth synching on my Treo such a convenience, without having that cable to get all tangled up and contribute to the mess of wires that forms on my desk, that I'm wondering if it would be possible to charge my unit in the same way. Is there such thing as a bluetooth charger? I understand that it would probably be slower than the standard cable charger, as indeed is bluetooth synching when compared to its cable cousin, but I'd be willing to put up with a loss of speed in exchange for getting rid of one more wire, particularly one that connects to an electrical socket.

So, is such a device available? I've already done a google search, entering such phrases as 'bluetooth charger', bluetooth electric plug replacement', and bluetooth chargesynching', etc, but have come up with nothing.

Please help.
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slem
    Hi,
    I've found the bluetooth synching on my Treo such a convenience, without having that cable to get all tangled up and contribute to the mess of wires that forms on my desk, that I'm wondering if it would be possible to charge my unit in the same way. Is there such thing as a bluetooth charger? I understand that it would probably be slower than the standard cable charger, as indeed is bluetooth synching when compared to its cable cousin, but I'd be willing to put up with a loss of speed in exchange for getting rid of one more wire, particularly one that connects to an electrical socket.

So, is such a device available? I've already done a google search, entering such phrases as 'bluetooth charger', bluetooth electric plug replacement', and bluetooth chargesynching', etc, but have come up with nothing.

Please help.
    Thanks.
    What???

Charge your Treo without a wire, with bluetooth? I think what your looking for is called lightning, to connect with the battery.

Chuck
  3.    #3  
    I've searched for that, but nothing relevant. What company makes the product Lightning? Does the name refer to the speed of the charging? Does that mean it's actually quicker than a cable charge? That would be great. Where can I get hold of it?
    What? ... It’s ridiculous I don’t think so… Bluetooth charger? I cannot imagine transferring an electricity using Bluetooth… if you’re charging and 6 meters apart from the Bluetooth charger… imagine if someone is there at the middle while transferring electricity using the Bluetooth charger … Gosh! That person will be electrocuted.

It won’t happened, I don’t know…as I’ve know Bluetooth transfer data wirelessly… right.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com....htm/printable
    Last edited by Ziria_Dlai; 08/13/2005 at 05:20 AM.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Maybe this could be a possible solution also for my cabin (in the middle of nowhere...).

I have wondered how to get electricity out there. Thought about WiFi, but the Bluetooth plan sounds interesting.......!!!

Let me know immediately when you have tested such setup....!
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    I've searched for that, but nothing relevant. What company makes the product Lightning? Does the name refer to the speed of the charging? Does that mean it's actually quicker than a cable charge? That would be great. Where can I get hold of it?
    Have you tried Troll search?
  7.    #7  
    Troll \Troll\, n. [Icel. troll. Cf. Droll, Trull.] (Scand.
    Myth.)
    A supernatural being, often represented as of diminutive
    size, but sometimes as a giant, and fabled to inhabit caves,
    hills, and like places; a witch.

How does this help?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I guess I'll bite and assume this whole thread so far isn't a goof. That being said, I know of only one way to do a "wireless charge", and that is called inductive charging. Article in the BBC here:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/2861987.stm

In broad strokes (from the Pasadena Power and Water web site) " Inductive charging systems transfer AC power by magnetically coupling a primary winding on the supply side to a secondary winding on the reciever side. Current flows through the primary inductive coil, or paddle, and the resulting magnetic flux induces an alternating current through the magnetic field and across the secondary coil, completing the circuit."

Needless to say, this has nothing whatever to do with BT. As the article referenced above alludes to, you would need a separate chip to convert the magnetic field provided by the supply coil.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Rotfl
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by mepex
    I guess I'll bite and assume this whole thread so far isn't a goof. That being said, I know of only one way to do a "wireless charge", and that is called inductive charging. Article in the BBC here:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/2861987.stm

In broad strokes (from the Pasadena Power and Water web site) " Inductive charging systems transfer AC power by magnetically coupling a primary winding on the supply side to a secondary winding on the reciever side. Current flows through the primary inductive coil, or paddle, and the resulting magnetic flux induces an alternating current through the magnetic field and across the secondary coil, completing the circuit."

Needless to say, this has nothing whatever to do with BT. As the article referenced above alludes to, you would need a separate chip to convert the magnetic field provided by the supply coil.

Yup, that's the only wireless charging I know of.
    inductive charging of mobile electronics is not so far out as one would think. they are coming within the next few years.

imagine setting your phone or camera on a inductive "hot spot" and having it charge. these hot spots could be a special "zone" on your nightstand, on your desk at work or on a tray or shelf in your vehicle.

its not fantasy sci-fi.....
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    come on guys don't beat him up too bad....lol..
    STAR TAC w/TIMPORT ORGANIZER>I300>I330>TREO600>TREO650>TREO700>TREO755P
    Quote Originally Posted by mr2dxtream
    come on guys don't beat him up too bad....lol..
    ... sorry, maybe 10 years from now they will design a bluetooh charger LOL... ...
    sorry, maybe 10 years from now they will design a bluetooh charger LOL...

Its not "bluetooth", its inductive charging, and it is 100% "wireless". Its coming, I wasnt joking. It will be "mainstream" alot sooner than 10 years.

10 years ago everybody would have laughed at the idea of things we can do with BT technology.
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    how is it wireless? You have to plug that mat into the wall, then place your phone directly on the mat. As for sending 120 volts through the air.. that just sounds dangerous. Is this whole thing a joke?
    It's just physics man....I'm pretty sure the phone doesn't have to be DIRECTLY on the mat, but somewhere in the "electric field". How exactly does moving a magnet near a buncha wires create a current...."It just does," a famous quote from Joe Dirt's father.

I mean...you wouldn't consider WiFi wired because the router has to be connected to a wired internet connection, right?? Soo...whenever WiMax becomes mainstream in 5 years or so, I hope you don't say that your connection is wired because that tower 30 miles away is wired to the backbone of the internet.
    What company makes the product Lightning?
    I think that's produced by Mother Nature Inc.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  18. MMT
    inductive charging is already here, in mainstream products. My Braun electric toothbrush uses it. More info: http://home.howstuffworks.com/question292.htm

It ain't bluetooth, and the parts have to be in very close proximity, but it is wireless...