Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Has anyone yet to try the Cingular update on an unlocked Treo? Maybe the Sprint update?
    I assume you have an unlock GSM phone? The Sprint update is not going to work on your phone as Sprint doesn't even use a GSM network, the phone is totally different from yours.

What version is on your phone now? I look at the Palm page for the unlocked Treo and the most current firmware is 1.13 that was released on June 16, 2005.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...lockedgsm.html
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    That is what I have 1.13, and I have an unlocked treo using cingulars service. When I try to pair with my BMW it goes CRAZY. Restarts over and over and over again. Apparently my Treo doesnt share my love for German cars. What a piece of crap company Palm is. Every single Palm I have ever bought was sold with KNOWN flaws and werent fixed for years. How can a company get a away with selling such garbage.
    I know this is probably a pain in the ***, but I've also read about getting firmware updates done to the BT module on your car. I've heard of people doing this on the E45 and E90 3-Series, and I'm sure the same applied to the rest of the Bimmer lineup. You might want to contact your dealer and see if there are any firmware updates for the BT module in your car.
    Did you have any luck with either the Cingular update (to an unlocked Treo) or with BMW? I have both and am getting tired of waiting for the unlocked firmware update that might solve this mess.

My 2005 E46 M3 connects with the 650 but then goes into an endless loop of resets until I disable the Bluetooth on the Treo.
    I have a 2003 X5 that works well with my Treo 650. I have the newest Cingular Firmware. I can make and receive calls fine. I can also use voice recognition to make calls. Caller ID also works. The only thing that doesn't work is that the favorites that have transferred over to my X5 have not changed since my initial pairing even though I've modified them on my Treo 650. Other than that I am pretty satisfied with the way my Treo works with my BMW.