1.    #1  
    I hope someone can help me here.

I lost my system sounds. I can get the phone to ring , I get sound on games ,
    I can listen to music and movies unsing the bulit in speaker . Its just the system sound such as when you move page to page you get that clicking sound OR when you turn the phone on or off and it makes that loud phone on sound.

I went into sounds and alert and put it up to 7 and still no sound.

I will add that I had isntalled lightwave just about when this happened.
    I removed every occurance of lightwave but no system sound.

I would appreciate any help.
    Don't know how far I can help, I'm not a lightwave user, but have you tried a soft reset since removing lightwave?

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

3.    #3  
    Tried a soft reset and didnt do anything.

I do appreciate the reply.

I have had nothing but problems with lightwave and mp3 ringer , I should have known better than to try it again.
    Sounds like we are either on to a warm reset or a hard reset to get rid of the corruption.

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,CASE=obj(887),ts=Palm_External2001

(paste ththe above location into your browser for the Palm support doc on warm resets)

If the warm does not work . . . . .

And you end up doing a hard reset, you may have to reload all 3rd party apps from scratch to keep the corruption from coming back in the hot sync restore process:

Hot Sync to save all PIM data.
    Hard reset.
    Rename your palm backup folder on the PC:
    (Programs>Palm>xxx user id> backup to Backupold)
    (This is where the 3rd party stuff is restored from after a hard reset. . . this renaming hides it from the process.)
    Hot sync
    Should have your PIM data back
    Now load 3rd party software from scratch.
    This should get rid of the "ghost" command to stop system sounds. . . .
  5.    #5  
    i was hoping not to hear that . LOL i have so many applications I would need a day to reinstall. Maybe I will just deal with no system sound , hey its not really that important . As long as I can get every other sound. Never again with those toysoft application.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    i was hoping not to hear that . LOL i have so many applications I would need a day to reinstall. Maybe I will just deal with no system sound , hey its not really that important . As long as I can get every other sound. Never again with those toysoft application.
    Did you try the warm reset? Check the Palm document -- I don't believe it erases data.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Did you try the warm reset? Check the Palm document -- I don't believe it erases data.
    I tried the warm reset and no luck. Anyways I do appreciate the help.
    Thank you
    do you have a backup system like backupman if so backup everything then do a hard reset. make sure when you put everything back on you delete lightwave
  9.    #9  
    Even tried that . After I hard reset my sound came back . I used both backup man and Explorer to put everrything back ( both were backups made after I removed lighwave) and the sound was gone again.

Again thanks
    Even tried that . After I hard reset my sound came back . I used both backup man and Explorer to put everrything back ( both were backups made after I removed lighwave) and the sound was gone again.

Again thanks
    Have you tried ProfileCare? It will allow you to independently control all 3 types of "system" sounds: System, Alarm and Game.

Jeff

Again thanks
    Sounds like lightwave left something behind for ya. If your sound came back after a hard reset, you may have to just reload your apps one at a time.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

My Treo 650 (Cingular 1.15) has this exact same problem.

I can set ring tone volume, alert volumes, etc. However, when I play an MP3 - no sound. No sound on a video. No speakerphone during calls unless I put them on mute and back off and back on mute again - on and off several times makes it start working.

When I tap the screen, no little pop sound any longer.

I have no idea why it is not working.

I tried a battery pull, a warm reset, and finally a full-on hard reset, and nothing worked.

The only third party apps I am running are Agendus and Dokusho. I believed Agendus was causing the problem, so I deleted it and performed a hard reset. No effect.

I'm beginning to believe it is an actual hardware problem, not a software problem, and I'm thinking of taking the phone into Cingular to see if they will replace it. :-(

Anyone else getting this problem - does anyone have a real solution to it?
    I found the solution.

I turned on the phone, and I stuck the hands-free ear piece in the jack. Then I could hear the system sounds. I pulled it out, and they were still working.

Apparently there is a bug in the way the treo blocks sounds from coming out of the speaker when the earpiece is in. You pull out the earpiece, and everything is restored except system sounds in some instances.

All better now - after two hard resets, uncountable warm resets, and deleting an application that I enjoyed. What a pain.

Palmone is doomed. Their quality control really stinks. I have owned a Palm IIIxe, a Tungsten T3, a Tungsten C, and now this Treo, and every one of them had some sort of idiotic problem that it would be impossible to miss during any basic QA process.

The T3 had little screws that came out of the case, the C wifi didn't work until 3.0 of the C firmware. The IIIxe used to end up in a loop, overheat the battery, and catch fire.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice....won't get fooled again. LOL!