Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I had a corrupt calendar database and -- in the course of thrashing around with Filez before discovering DBScan -- I managed to fix the database but cause this syncing problem. Sync would just sit there on Calendar forever until I eventually had to cancel the sync and reboot. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Palm software, with no success.

Ultimately, I have just given up and purchased BackupBuddy. I realized that since I never use the palm desktop, I'm only syncing for backup purposes, and hot sync is a pretty antiquated, incomplete and buggy way to accomplish that. Now my device backs EVERYTHING (which hot sync does not) to about 10 MB (compressed) of my SD Card every night and I periodically copy the whole backup folder from the card to my computer for safety if I lose the device and card.

I think I'm permanently giving up on hot syncing. Any reason I'm not thinking of that that should be a problem?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mal5z
    I had a corrupt calendar database and -- in the course of thrashing around with Filez before discovering DBScan -- I managed to fix the database but cause this syncing problem. Sync would just sit there on Calendar forever until I eventually had to cancel the sync and reboot. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Palm software, with no success.

Ultimately, I have just given up and purchased BackupBuddy. I realized that since I never use the palm desktop, I'm only syncing for backup purposes, and hot sync is a pretty antiquated, incomplete and buggy way to accomplish that. Now my device backs EVERYTHING (which hot sync does not) to about 10 MB (compressed) of my SD Card every night and I periodically copy the whole backup folder from the card to my computer for safety if I lose the device and card.

I think I'm permanently giving up on hot syncing. Any reason I'm not thinking of that that should be a problem?
    Same thought that I have before someone stole my T650 along with my SD card...
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Yeah. That's going to be a problem. I'm going to try to remember to use Card Reader to copy my backup info (only about 20 MB) to my desktop about as often as I used to sync; i.e., every couple of days. That should keep me protected from losing the card and Treo at the same time. Another option is one of these Web sync programs that backs up your data on a server somewhere, but I'm not thrilled about giving some third party access to the info on my Treo.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12