Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Hallo There!
    I finally decided that I really want a T600 (i was thinking g1000 at first, silly me) and now i'm curious...

if i were to buy the t600 on ebay and something were to happen to it (screen dies, speaker doesn't work, etc) would sprint replace it with a refurb?
    Be sure to get the ESN number from the seller to be sure it is a good phone. When you get it add "LockLine" (Sprint's insurance) for $5/mo with in 30 days of activation (I think that's the time). Then if it brakes you get a refurbed. 600. Love Sprint have used LockLine to replace a 300 about 3 years ago. Have been using the same 600 for 14 months with 0 problems.

Good Luck, that's just a quick snapshoot of what you need to do. But be sure to get the ESN before you buy.
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    sooo i gett the ESN # and callup sprint and ask them to make sure its a legit fone? then i can just call em up soon as i get it and have them replace it with my existing fone and add lockline?

now i'm just thinking it may be cheaper to activate a t300 i have sitting around and lockline that... then wait for the hinge to break (which it will) and get the potential t600 refurb?

thanks for the help
    Operative word there is "potential". Buddy of mine thought the same thing since the 300 is all but extinct. He was having speaker problems so he called Lockline and they somehow, someway dug up a Treo 300 refurb and sent it to him. so believe it or not, there are some 300s still lurking around Lockline.
    In response to your question about buying a Treo in eBay and then getting it insured, here is what happened to me.
    I bough a Treo 600 in eBay and after about 3 month it began to give me problems. Took it to a sprint store, and was told the phone failed some reception test. Since it was a treo, they could not fix it. Also since I purchased it used, no warranty. After contacting Sprint, the end result was I was out the money I paid, period. I couldn't buy insurance or "PAY" to get it fix. Palm, will not fix Sprint phones that are out of warranty.
    What I found out is that you can only add insurance to a Sprint phone if the phone is new, or refurbished and has not been activated. Their argument, which makes sense, is that if you could buy insurance for any phone you could simply buy a broken phone add the insurance within a month and simply claim the insurance for a replacement. So my suggestion is; only buy phones in eBay where you know the phone has warranty. I just bough another T600, but this time I got one that was refurbished.
    Quote Originally Posted by rene111
    In response to your question about buying a Treo in eBay and then getting it insured, here is what happened to me.
    I bough a Treo 600 in eBay and after about 3 month it began to give me problems. Took it to a sprint store, and was told the phone failed some reception test. Since it was a treo, they could not fix it. Also since I purchased it used, no warranty. After contacting Sprint, the end result was I was out the money I paid, period. I couldn't buy insurance or "PAY" to get it fix. Palm, will not fix Sprint phones that are out of warranty.
    What I found out is that you can only add insurance to a Sprint phone if the phone is new, or refurbished and has not been activated. Their argument, which makes sense, is that if you could buy insurance for any phone you could simply buy a broken phone add the insurance within a month and simply claim the insurance for a replacement. So my suggestion is; only buy phones in eBay where you know the phone has warranty. I just bough another T600, but this time I got one that was refurbished.
    This is not true! I bought a Treo 600 from eBay this past December and had no problem adding insurance to it. My sister did the same thing in June. When you get the phone and call to have it activated, let them know you want insurance. They will have no problem adding it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    This is not true! I bought a Treo 600 from eBay this past December and had no problem adding insurance to it. My sister did the same thing in June. When you get the phone and call to have it activated, let them know you want insurance. They will have no problem adding it for you.
    This is correct. They will call your newly insured Treo to confirm that it is in working order.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I have a Treo 600 that I need to sell if you want it. It has been sitting around since last November. I only used it for about 2-3 months before that (Stopped using once I had my 650). Its in mint condition, the screen has a protector on it, no scratches. I'm just too lazy to list it on eBay. It also has a Best Buy service plan, I think it last 3 or 4 year, so if the battery fails since it has not been used for awhile, they will replace it. If u would like more info, let me know. I won't be back to my house where it is until Sunday. I can list it on eBay if you want or sell it off. My name on eBay is ggoldfingerd if you need to see feedback. My phone is not refurbished either.
    Quote Originally Posted by rene111
    Palm, will not fix Sprint phones that are out of warranty.
    Palm told me they will fix an out of warranty Treo for a flat fee of $179 whether it's a trivial problem like a sticky key or something major like a new screen. This was about three months ago, and at this price I opened the case and fixed the sticky key myself.