1.    #1  
    Hi all, originally loaded TCPMP on my Treo 650 into RAM along with all of the plug ins. The player came up and I selected the video file that was on the SD card. I saw one crystal clear tantalizing frame of the video for approximately .3458765th of a nanosecond and then my Treo reset.

I did it again.

And again.

And again.

And then I thought, man, this ain't workin'!

I then deleted it from the palm using Destaller and loaded the program onto the card. As soon as I touch the TCPMP icon, I get another reset.

Any ideas?

The video was some that I converted from DVD through Fair Use per the instructions supplied here.

Thanks!
    check your version.
    I'm running UNSTABLE 0.65v and it works better than great! Never had a single problem with it.

I had other versions that were known to be unstable.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

0.63 works great for me. Runs right off the card, too, without any 3rd party launcher.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  4.    #4  
    I'm using the latest one 0.66. I'll try and older version.
  5.    #5  
    I went to .63 in my ram now and it at least opens. But it resets when I select the movie I ripped yesterday. It doesn't even give me the "glimpse" I saw before.

Heck, for that matter, I can't seem to view .wmv files in media either. I can't seem to get palm desktop to put them in it's files and when I install it on my card via a reader, media doesn't see them--neither does TCPMP--although Filez shows them on the card.

Sigh.

I love my phone. But I just had to keep playing around until I found something that it wouldn't do! Come to think of it, that may be a pattern in my life...(Baby, you know I can't live without you, but what do you mean, "No threesomes?!")
    Chris,
    try to find a copy of ver. 0.65v.
    Using that version I followed the instructions in the following:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...56&postcount=1
    and It has worked flawlessly. Hope this helps.

Here is the entire thread if you still have trouble.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=86620
    .65 unstable is stuttery for me, but at least it plays videos and MP3's. I've tried 'high speed' SD cards with no change in performance. Stuttering of media files during play, and stuttering when closing the program.

Haven't decided on going to .66 yet.

Greg
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Just a thought... maybe its something wrong with the video itself thats causing tcmp to burp? Try a different one?
  9.    #9  
    Micael,

You're completely right! I realized that the only vid I was trying to view was one I created. Turns out there was some issue with that vid. I wrote Picard and he suggested I try one of TCPMP's sample vids and it worked great. I was just thrown off by that single picture perfect frame--it made me think that the file was good.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislrob
    Micael,

You're completely right! I realized that the only vid I was trying to view was one I created. Turns out there was some issue with that vid. I wrote Picard and he suggested I try one of TCPMP's sample vids and it worked great. I was just thrown off by that single picture perfect frame--it made me think that the file was good.

Thanks!
    Again, if you follow the link in post #6 in this thread, there are step by step instructions for ripping your own DVDs.
    I usually keep a full season of Soprano's or M*A*S*H, and 2 or 3 movies on my card. Great time killer when your stuck somewhere you don't want to be.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Here is another thread with step by step instructions on how to burn a DVD using a free tool:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=91697
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    TCPMP .66 gave me a MAJOR crash with reset loops on my unlocked GSM running FW 1.31.
    Luckily I was able to recover via backups.

Greg
    .66e runs perfectly for me, as has every other past version.
    TCPMP version 0.66 runs well for me too. Although sometimes if I exit out of a movie too fast to get to the home menu, this might cause a soft reset. For the most part, it's a very stable program. Nowadays, I will first pause/stop a movie, then clear play list, then press the home menu key to exit out of TCPMP. This helps to reduce the chance of a soft reset for me.